TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 December 2011
Book 3 in the Lucky Harbour series about the third sister Chloe and Sherrif Sawyer. These two have been brewing over the last two books. Chloe drives Sawyer crazy but he can't hide his attraction for her. Over this book their relationship hots up and we get to know more about Sawyer and his past and why he feels he has to be so sensible. One time over he was as irrational as Chloe himself and it is this aspect of her personality that he is drawn to. As mentioned in the previous books, Chloe has quite severe Asthma attacks and especially when having sex. There aren't that many sex scenes in this book but Chloe and Sawyer find a way around her attacks during sex. Sawyer is a great male character and it's easy to see why Chloe falls for him. In previous books Chloe has come across as unemotional but in this book we really see how much she cares for her sisters and especially Sawyer. I would go as far as to say this has been my favourite so far. There is a teaser at the end for the next book in the series. I didn't realise it was carrying on after the 3 sisters stories, so that's a good surprise and that book sounds like a good read to.
I do love Jill Shalvis style of writing and look forward to reading more of her stories.
on 11 March 2014
4.5 stars rounded up to 5.

This was a lovely story about Chloe, "The Wild One" and Sawyer! The town Sheriff.

And who knew that "I researched Asthma online" would be one of the most romantic heart-warming sentences I could read in a book!

A beautiful story, with a touch more "drama" than the first two books, but given that Sawyer is the sheriff, it fits!

I have loved reading the stories of these 3 sisters, and them finding each other and the love they can have as a family, as well as finding their perfect men!

But, given that I am unreasonably bothered by details not matching, and this may well not bother anyone else ever, but it does me, I knocked half a star off for a couple of things! For example, in book one Maddie is described as having blonde hair, in this book, brown. Also in book one, Sawyer is described as "Their secret weapon" by Ford when they were kids, as he had older brothers, and hence was used to fighting them, and so, could fight back! No mention of Sawyer having any siblings at all in this book. As I say, is nothing really, but I cannot help it, details not matching up like that bug me!
Head Over Heels is the third book in Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series and focuses on the youngest of the three sisters Chloe. She is the most free spirited of the sisters and was the only one raised by their mother Phoebe. Having spent most of her life travelling she never really knew what it was like to have a home, she has always enjoyed being able to drop everything in an instant and go looking for a new adventure but for the first time she is beginning to see the advantages of family and a stable home life. She still wants to have fun though and the restrictions caused by her severe asthma give her the urge to be reckless and make the most of the time she has. Just because Chloe has started to think about spending more time with her sisters and making Lucky Harbor and their B&B a more permanent base doesn't mean that Tara and Maddie take her seriously though and she is hurt when they don't trust her to stick around.

I have liked Chloe since we first met her and have enjoyed laughing at her antics throughout the previous books but in her book we get to see a deeper side to her. You can't exactly call her upbringing a stable one, where he sisters had their fathers as a sensible influence Chloe didn't have anyone apart from their flaky mother to rely on. It's no wonder she acts the way she does but I enjoyed seeing her start to grow up and take a bit more responsibility for her actions in this book. She is never going to be someone who lives completely by the rules though and I like the fun loving side to her just as much. The sisters hardly knew each other when they first arrived at Lucky Harbor and it has been fun to see how close they have become, they have finally bonded into a proper family.

There has been chemistry between her and Sawyer since they first met but she drives him insane with her crazy antics. As the town Sheriff he has had to get her out of trouble on more than one occasion but he is still drawn to her wild side. Sawyer may come across as a sensible man who lives to follow the rules but he wasn't always like that and in his younger days he would have given Chloe a run for her money with his antics. That is one of the things that draws him most to Chloe even though he feels like it shouldn't be. He definitely wants to take care of her but he also accepts her and is the only person in her life who isn't trying to change her into something she isn't which was something I really liked about him.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series so far and Jill Shalvis has definitely worked her way onto my list of must buy authors. She has a massive back list but I'm fully intending to work my way through as many of her books as possible! Head Over Heels doesn't disappoint and has just as much humour and sweet romance as the previous books. I think there was slightly less sauciness in this one but the interactions between Sawyer and Chloe were still fantastic and I loved their banter. It was also great to catch up with the previous couples and see how everyone is getting along. This series makes perfect light hearted summer reading and I would highly recommend it. I'm already looking forward to reading the rest of the series!
VINE VOICEon 30 December 2011
Chloe didn't know she had two half sisters until they all inherited a run-down B&B in small town Oregon. Now they have a viable business and Chloe has the family that she always dreamed of. If only Chloe could shake the uptight Sheriff, Sawyer Thompson who she can't help but argue with. Perhaps if he was less hot then she would succeed.

Chloe is the bane of Sawyer's existence but he can't help be drawn to her free spritied ways. But a relationship between them is impossible. It would be explosive and crazy yet perhaps the most amazing risk either of them have ever taken.

This is the third in Shalvis' Lucky Harbour series. I've noticed that there will be other books set in Lucky Harbour in the future but this one seems to conclude the stories of the three out of town half sisters. The previous books are Simply Irresistible and The Sweetest Thing. Although it's probably not a necessity, I would suggest that you don't read this book if you haven't read the first two in the series.

Over the course of the first two books I've been waiting for Sawyer and Chloe to get their own book and get together. I love a couple who are antagonistic towards each other in the beginning and this pair certainly were that. I think what happened for me with this book is that we had so much back story about them fighting and being at each other's throats that when it came to their story we were already half way through the beginnings of their relationship. Perhaps that took the sparkle out of it but something was definitely lacking.

I liked Chloe better than I thought I would based on the first two books and she really grew into a character I liked and could route for. Sawyer was a great brooding hero although I think I would have liked him to open up a little more to Chloe. He had a difficult relationship with his dad which gave him depth although what happened to Sawyer's brothers (mentioned very briefly in the first two books) is beyond me!

Giving this book a rating was a little bit of a dilemma for me because while I liked it and it was readable - nothing much happened! I erred on the side of generosity as I like the Lucky Harbour series as a whole although it's probably a low 4 stars and definitely not the best of the series.
on 1 September 2015
This is the third book in the Lucky Harbor series..
I was so excited to read Chloe and Sawyers story and I loved it..
Chloe is the wild child of the three sisters, because of that she's misunderstood..
People automatically think she's causing trouble..
So it comes as no surprise that Sawyer, the local cop thinks the same..
They rub each other up the wrong way, but there's also heat between them both..
I wasn't disappointed, I loved this book!!
on 3 June 2015
Read via local library. Enjoyable story with humour. The angst, the few inconsistencies, as mentioned by peabody, and chloe being a flake took it from 5* to 4. Sorry, I really didn't like chloe. I personally cant see strong alpha sawyer being attracted to her. She doesnt portray women in a good light being so dipsy. My opinion.
on 14 September 2013
This series has well and truly won me over. Sawyer <3. Also loved Chloe's relationship with Lance. Although we have now heard the stories of all 3 sisters, I think there will be a 4th book in the series released sometime this year? I can't wait. I love the fluffiness.
on 16 April 2013
an enjoyable and relxing read - i have read the first three and will continue with the series- no deep thinking involved.
on 6 June 2015
This was not to bad but don,t know if would buy any more depends on the story
on 8 April 2016
brilliant. would highly recommend this book