4.0 out of 5 stars Repetition but a good read
This isn't so much a book as a collection of on-line contributions from the author, with the occasional comment from his web site visitors thrown in for good measure.

If you've read RK's other books, you already know what to expect since the style never changes and in this case, neither does the content really.

Rich Dad is now a brand and it's clear...
Published on 21 Dec. 2009 by Eggbilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Very repetitive, but has some useful data
Published on 25 Mar. 2011 by Charles G.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Very repetitive, but has some useful data, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Rich Dad's Conspiracy Of The Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money (Paperback)
Conspiracy of the rich is very poorly written, it goes over and over the same ground relentlessly. If the information given was not of value I would mark it down very harshly for this. However I do get the impression that some of the repetition is deliberate so that the way of thinking becomes ingrained. From reading it I finally understood why Fractional Reserve banking is such a massive scam, and how the same small group of people have got involved in so many ways in the way society is organised and financed. The book makes for alarming reading in places, particularly when spelling out the problems of pumping unlimited amounts of currency into the economy. Again this was something that never really made sense to me before reading this so another plus point for it. Robert's views on education are somewhat limited, certainly the rich have become involved in this area with the aim of turning out robotic employees, but there is more to the problem than this.

So all in all an average book, with some good ideas, which get you thinking. But causes great frustration with the way things are repeated, usually word for word.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is *almost* a very important book, 9 Mar. 2012
Jan W. H. Schnupp (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This is almost a very important book. I contains a number of crucial facts and observations, for example about the deeply worrying levels of incompetence and corrupt practice at the very head of the financial system, or about the troubled road ahead for many western economies. But while this book should be required reading, I sadly cannot recommend it. Why? Because it's written in a terribly repetitive, slow and preachy style. I repeat: it is repetitive. Did I say it was repetitive? And preachy. There is a potentially interesting musing about the gold standard and Nixon and now defunct former US currencies, but it never goes into much depth and rather than digging a little deeper the authr starts repeating himself. Then there was a bit of sensible advice about minding cash flow and not relying too much on government backed pensions, and then a lot more preaching. And we are back to moaning about Nixon a bit. And about Clinton. And a bit more preaching. Then a little, interesting but very much diluted, nugget about the history of the federal reserve system, but then more preaching. And repetition. Repeatedly. If some good copy editor took a major axe to this book, took out the 80% that are repetition, you'd be left with a very, very important book. But as it is, unless you require information to trickle into your brain at a glacially slow pace and much diluted with preachy, repetitive fluff, then, like me, you may struggle to sit through it nonetheless. I cannot honestly recommend it. Pity, really. Read something like Stieglitz' Freefall instead. I repeat. It's repetitive. And preachy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetition but a good read, 21 Dec. 2009

Rich Dad is now a brand and it's clear that emphasis in this book is yet again to push other products, particularly the games, which are a take on Monopoly, and should have been called Monotony, since they are so long-winded.

The web site is also purposely challenging and every few weeks, theer are yet more invitations to expensive seminars where ever more RD products can be promoted to an eager audience.

There is some interesting stuff in this book though, but I don't think it should all be accepted on face value, as I suspect delving deeper into the history would show holes in the research.

I always enjoy reading these types of books which is why I gave it 4 stars, but if you're looking for balance, look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much repeated material, 21 Nov. 2009
Much of previous books is repeated - as is often the case with the Rich Dad series. Also, the exact same words are repeated again and again, so what RD has to say could actually be squeezed into 50 pages. However, a few useful tips

4.0 out of 5 stars Conspiracy of the Rich, 25 Jun. 2010
F. Muzee (London) - See all my reviews
Robert Kiyosaki gives an interesting account of how financial institutions like the Federal Reserve were set up...an intersting read for anybody looking to broaden their mind. He also has contributions from his readers who give their views too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most easily comprehendable book on Finance, 4 Jan. 2010
Mr. M. Hassan (London, England) - See all my reviews
I was watching Riz Khan and he happened to be interviewing this Author. I didn't know anything about him, and I avoid works on Finance or self help books because they seem patronising. After seeing the interview however, I brought the book immediately. His demeanor is what done it for me: he was humble for a self made millionnaire yet he seemed like he genuinely knew what he was talking about and any questions that were thrown at him, his answers were genuinely impressive.

This is the most comprehensive book on Finance. Yet seeing the amount of information he presents with the actual size of the book - I was amazed with how much was said with how little words. Anyone with basic English will be able to understand his message. The book is divided into two parts: the history of our Economy, and his advice on how to use it to our advantage. Whether we like it or not, we have to work in order to live. In no terms does this book promote love of wealth, only how to work smarter and not harder.

He uses many examples of his experiences in life to show how he made it. There is no one way, but the biggest obstacle everyone has to overcome are their own fears. He is honest enough to admit that he still faced many set backs, but now he is set for life regardless of what situation the Economy will be in. I have a good career, but this book has inspired me to start my own business: that's how influencial it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money, 4 Jan. 2010
I am impressed that Robert Kiyosaki has articulated and documented the disgusting mess that world leaders and world bankers have created for everyone. With a better understanding the situation I am creating a more secure future with my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich, 17 Aug. 2010
I have ready many books over the years, but this towers above them all. Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich is very thought provoking, an eye opener, it exposes the governments and their prodigies (The big banks) and their conspiracy to keep us all in the dark and financially suppressed. It is a must read for very body who desires changes in their financial situation. It made me to understand that we are the architects of our destiny. Like I always say "you are where you are today because you made a conscious or unconscious decision to be there". - Peter Osakwe

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid background knowledge, 27 Sept. 2009
Mr. G. A. Worth "Young Guns" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
I have just finished the box set and found it to be thoroughly interesting if at times slightly laboured concerning certain presidents, dates and political acts.
You certainly get good value for money as the collection takes many hours to get through. At lot of historical information is presented about how and why the world's finances are in the state they are in and as I am British the info concerning the US was very interesting.
It is not the worlds most advanced audio book but if you are looking for a few hours to reacquaint yourself with the worlds financial predicament then this is ideal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but a little annoying at times, 17 Jun. 2011
I loved reading this book and it was my first book I read non-stop and completed in a week during my holiday in Sharm El Sheik, ANYWAY, I love the history this book provides about money and it gave good foundation for the later chapters BUT toward the later chapters it just became like one BIG advert.. it felt like every other page there was a plug of CashFlow or just repeating the same things over and over again. I know repitition is the secret behind perfection (or somehting like that) but this sort of took the micky Mouse (I loved Micky), ANYWAY, good book, wasnt't dissapointed but Mr. Kiyosaki is a really smart man because of all the plugs; he has got me thinking about buying the game (CASH FLOW). NOT GOOD, only because of the price tag on the game!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rich Dad's Conspiracy Of The Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money
Rich Dad's Conspiracy Of The Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money by Robert T. Kiyosaki (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2009)
Used & New from: £1.30