Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 26 September 2010
I liked that the plot was a bit more unconventional than most of this genre and, although extremely unrealistic within the time period, the ending was unusual. However for the dilemma to work as it needs to, both male leads need to grab your interest and Tristan left me cold from literally the first page, which meant my sympathies were completely one sided. I'm sure this was not the author's intent but it meant I was virtually skimming pages later in the book.

A mixed read, containing both good and bad.
on 11 June 2009
I won A Hint of Wicked in a competition and in all honesty I did not hold out much hope. For one, I'm not a great fan of bodice rippers and in my typical Brit way, I was a little cynical at the thought of an American writing about England in the early 19th century.

However, I really enjoyed A Hint of Wicked. Yes, the dialogue is a little `American' in places and it's a tad predictable at times but there is just enough suspense to keep you going until the end and I can guarantee that most women will make the choice for Sophie by the end, although you may not agree with the choice she makes. The sex scenes are no more corny than any sex scene and they don't detract from the story and Sophie isn't some simpering wench, she's a gal with balls.

A great beach read.
on 19 January 2010
I read a lot of books and I think that I am a bit hard to please. Many many books I have read lately left me empty, didn't feel anything strong, they were so lacking that I forgot them as soon as they were finished. But this book is good! true it is not your typical romance novel, where the H/H are only to each other, this book shows you that a person might have feeling for different people, and it doesn't mean that this person is bad, I don't want to spoil the story but as I said, I applaud Sophie for the choice she had made, although I understand that it must have been a very difficult decision to make!...you have to read this book you won't regret it. I just loved it.