5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!!!
Published on 2 Aug 2003 by Sue Lewendon

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
I have read all of this authors books, but this one was not one of his best, started reading them when I was in the USA, loved them.
Published 15 months ago by Mrs Gloria Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!!!, 2 Aug 2003
Sue Lewendon "Film fanatic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
Nicholas Sparks has a wonderful talent that I only wish I could have discovered much earlier. I would not call myself an avid romance novel reader, and do find a lot of titles to be unrewarding. However, if all romance novels were written by Nicholas Sparks I would most definately have the entire collection!!! I have now read most of his books and can say that this one is one of my favourites. Some people have said that his storylines are too predictable, and I would in all honesty, have to agree to a certain extent. Having said that though, although you can probably guess what is going to happen, you can never guess exactly how they are going to come about. I recommend this title to anyone who likes romance novels and especially those who have read Nicholas Sparks before.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word; incredible, 12 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
I read this book after I read 'The Last Song', and I was wasn't disappointed! I started reading the book and then I couldn't put it down. I read it in a day and a half and loved every minute of it.

This is the first ever book that I have cried at, and to be honest it was well worth my tears! This book is amazing.

The book is so adorable in terms of Taylor's and Denise's romance, and the relationship with her son. I felt myself going arh, that is so cute plenty of times. There are some really adorable parts in the book, like when the little boy (Kyle) gave Taylor his earoplane to hold, and Taylor told him it would bring him luck and it did :)

I would recommend this book to anyone, another truly sensational book from a truly sensational author!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Sparks Love Story, 7 Oct 2007
M. A. Ramos (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
While driving in heavy rain storm, Denise Holton, a single mother, crashes her car on the edge of a swamp. She wakes up to find that her little boy Kyle is missing. A volunteer firefighter Taylor McAden rescues her and leads the search for the missing child. Our hero finds Kyle and this leads the child to bond to Taylor. The two soon fall in love, but our hero has a flaw that does not allow him to maintain a lasting, loving relationship.

THE RESCUE is a well written love story that revolves around the three main individuals. We have our flawed hero dealing with his demons, a mother who has devoted her life to her son and a child with a learning disorder. The character's are developed and believable. You will find it to be a fast read as well as you get caught up in the story. If you liked Sparks' other books, then this one is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tear Jerker..., 31 Mar 2007
Ms. J. Bolinder "johanna_B" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
After reading my first Nicholas Sparks novel about three weeks ago I became addicted to his writing. The Rescue was the third book I have read since and true to his roots he has produced an amazing piece of romantic literature.

The story touches on so many aspects of humanity and love it has you turning the pages lost in the story absorbing every emotion, word, action the characters go through. The Rescue is like a modern fairy tale.

Towards the end I felt as if I had been on this amazing journey of emotional power with the characters. Highly recommend it, and hope you will as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still very relaxing, 19 Jan 2001
This review is from: The Rescue (Hardcover)
Having read all of Nicolas Sparks I couldn't wait to read this book. For me Message in a Bottle is still the best and probably fans will be a little bit disappointed. It is a beautiful love story that was at times a little predictable, but readers will still find it difficult to put down, and it will certainly bring tears to your eyes as you feel the emotions of the characters. The style makes it incredibly easy to read, and very relaxing - a perfect break from the hectic lives most of us tend to lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, 13 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
WOW! I could not put this book down! This is only the second Nicholas Sparks book that I have read but most definitely won't be the last... I can't wait to read the next!
This book had me 'oooing' and 'aahhhing' out loud. It made me smile, it made a knot rise is my throat several times, and even reduced me to tears on occasion.
Nicholas Sparks has an amazing ability to make his characters so real that you can't help but feel swept away by the story. I just wish I'd found this writer sooner.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Rescue, 29 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
Well put it this way I couldn't put the book down! I am such a softy and it really got to me. I would read it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Rescue (Kindle Edition)
Another special by this great writer another masterpiece a thoroughly enjoyable read I amazed how this writer does it how he understands the intimate union between man and woman so well you won't be disappointed by this

5.0 out of 5 stars How does he do it, 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Rescue (Kindle Edition)
I have read so many of Sparks books now I can't count this is one of my favourites. Both lead characters are very real and I could really relate to Denise having a special needs child myself. The story is heartbreaking but very real....I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rescue (Kindle Edition)
I love Nicholas Sparks books. They are always about different life styles and troubles mixed in with a bit of romance. Lovely easy and enjoyable read.

The Rescue
The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover - Sep 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01