on 3 March 2004
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
but spiritual beings having a human experience.”
The Eagle and The Rose
Rosemary Altea
I picked up this book from my local library. It was in the withdrawn section…
as they already had 3 copies!!
I probably would not have given this book a second glance were it not for one reason. The cover. (I know…I know… The English Lesson Mantra - ‘NEVER judge a book by its cover’. Well, what can I say, I did… and I am glad.) What specifically struck me about the cover was the quote by a reader on the front: ‘A fascinating spiritual adventure – reminds us that our existence is more mysterious than any of us have dared to believe’. The book sold itself to me just on this statement but the clincher for me was that the quote was from an author called James Redfield. I first came across a copy of one of Mr Redfield’s most famous works, ‘The Celestine Prophecy’, a few years back and I enjoyed the book immensely. I thought his recommendation for this book was more than good enough for me and so without hesitation I borrowed the book that very day.
The book is a collection of true significant events during the life of Ms Altea, a psychic healer and medium. I have to admit when I got home and read the first chapter I was shocked. Ms Altea had succeeded in doing what I thought was impossible – making the life of a medium seem interesting… and plausible! I was hooked. Indeed, I discovered after a while that I would be able to dip into the book and read a few chapters without even realising it. The only way I can describe this feeling is to imagine you are having a conversation with a friend (whether this be with them in person or on the telephone) time just seems to disappear. This book felt the same because Ms Altea’s writing style is just like a friend telling stories. And, the stories are not at all ‘preachy’, in fact quite the opposite, they are very sincere.
I have to admit I was cynical before I opened the book as I thought this is really not going to benefit me in any shape or form. In fact, what I really thought was that this lady was no lady at all and was probably a crackpot! But, the way Ms Altea writes you can not but warm to her because she is the first to admit that during her early years as a psychic even she thought she was going mad and was certain she would be sent to the ‘mad-house’! The book is not a DIY book on how to become a medium or how to become a psychic (- there is a difference.) The book is about how Ms Altea herself became a psychic, why she became a psychic and her vast encounters with the many people she has met on this journey (both from this world and the spirit world).
For me, Ms Altea tries to convey a simple and thoughtful message in this book:
Treasure This life.
I enjoyed this book.
I had not expected to
… but I did.
A fascinating insight into the mind, life, and world of a medium.
Now, who said don’t judge a book by its cover?
:o)
on 23 January 2002
I was unable to put this fantastic book down,Rosemary shared so much of her life hardships and incredible powers in this book. I feel at peace now about life after death and was delighted to read that our animals will be also there to greet us in the afterlife.
I feel that this is a book that is a must for every household to have and read. Rosemary tells real life stories of people who have died in many different ways and how they are in the afterlife and the messages that are there for all of us. A brillant book.
on 16 July 2014
My mother was fortunate enough to get a reading from Rosemary before she moved to America and after everything she said came true (some of it quite specific) I've been convinced of Rosemary's talents.

This book is part case study anthology and part Rosemary's thoughts on spiritualism and is a fascinating read. Some of these case studies will make you cry, some will make you smile, but all will reaffirm your faith in life after death. A brilliant book, if you need proof that our loved ones pass onto a better life, this is one heck of a good book to help you
on 29 May 2013
Great book to read I now have all three, read within two days, would recommend this book if you like this kind of book.
on 13 March 2014
I was pretty much taken in by her experiences, but then I googled her and found that her honesty was sadly lacking.
on 10 June 2001
This book really tells you everything you need to know about life after life. It gives you a very good idea about the life of our souls. I was impressed!!!
on 29 February 2016
book arrived and in good order
on 13 June 2016