on 26 April 2010
this book is a good read for people who want to start thinking big and remove the can't do word from their dictionary. This book has given me the good insight of budget surplus even if I am in the employee quadrant of the cash flow diagram that Robert very often refers to in his books.

Robert's way of explaining things about budgeting and thinking about money is very simple and in plain English.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has just started a business or thinking to start a business or thinking of investing in some form.

I would though give a word of caution that this book is not all that you need for your financial IQ. This will help you build your own base for your own financial IQ and then you are free to read more book(s) to increase your Financial IQ.
on 4 June 2011
As eskimos have many words for 'snow', Robert Kiyosaki describes wealth in numerous ways. Classifying the causes of both the abundance and deficit of money, he talks about the problems with poverty and their origins whilst also balancing this opinion with the foresight, most probably overlooked by the aspiring rich, about the counterpart problems with wealth.

Kiyosaki talks about the part of politics in the setting (and changing) of the rules of money making and retaining. But making and keeping money aren't the only two elements of wealth creation. Financial intelligence has five factors as stated by Kiyosaki: Making money, Protecting money, Budgeting money, Leveraging money and Improving your Financial Intelligence (convenient chapter headings to show the how-to). As well as politics Robert describes the economic situation - New Capitalism - and the implications, you can make money from nothing (no capital needed) because in this information age knowledge is the ultimate leverage, 'the trend is your friend'.

Information + Education = Knowledge, specifically in this instance without financial Education people cannot process Information into useful knowledge, this is quite simple, having lots of information and figures about a company wont help you invest in it. Or in any case data can be used to misinform a inexperienced/uneducated investor's decision. So this book is very important!

It's not just in Robert's native US, but in the UK and all around the world that more and more people are getting poor. Kiyoaki's concept of poverty is, 'having more problems than solutions', so simple and yet effective. Thinking even outside the realm of finance, if you're poor at mathematics you're probably not very good at solving equations and maths lessons are boring for you, you probably get bad report cards and get disciplined by your parents, thats a lot of problems with only one solution - get better at math. If you choose not to solve the problem the problem escalates and causes a knock on effect. Perhaps you miss your chance at soccer school because you only got two O-levels?

This book provides, in easy to understand chunks, lots of new effective ideas. The philosophy of the book is enlightening. All Kiyosaki books are different to the standard 'get rich' books. Particularly in 'Financial IQ' the information seems to have a deeper grounding, more thought seems to have been put behind each new concept both in identifying and in conveying them to you, the reader.

This book is definitely worth your time, money and attention.
on 9 January 2012
I liked this book, but it's more like a long motivational lecture in text, with a small portion of good information and a portion of marketing for more books in the series or seminars. There really is a lot of repetition of facts and stories. I can understand Robert is proud of his contribution to the war, but some of the analogies to war are a little weak and I think he just wants to tell his story. I think that Robert T. Kiyosaki should stick to motivational/inspirational talks. I was a little motivated, but learned very little in terms of financial IQ or knowledge.
He also advertises his coaching scheme in this book. I looked into this a bit, and it looks like a con. My opinion of course, but many agree with this, so don't rush into anything.
Bottom line: If you want to learn about how to invest, there are better books out there. If you want to be inspired and motivated to invest, then this is a great start.
I hope this helps ;)
on 12 April 2012
I didn't even bother to finish this book. The same stories and points are repeated over and over again and I don't think the explanations were very good. I found it confusing and I am a qualified accountant! Maybe the fact that it's written by an Amercian didn't help.
on 26 October 2010
I really wanted to give this book 5 stars because like all of Robert Kiyosaki's books, I am enjoying it. It has got a lot of great advice in it and insight which you will not get elsewhere. However I hated the heavilly opinionated and political bent in the introductions - frankly, I found it very OTT, patronising, insulting, and unnecessary.

Thankfully however, I decided to carry on reading and thankfully the book only gets better the more you read, with impartial advice which is neither condescending nor shallow! I'm glad that I persevered even though the cover looked low budget and the introductions were not to my taste. If you can forgive these detracting points, then this book is a good read. Don't expect a blow by blow action step to getting richer because this book will keep teasing you with repetitive statements. Instead what you'll get is lots of wisdom and advice in between the bumph, which if you take the time to investigate in more depth outside of the book, you will be thankful for.

All in all, I'm glad I bought this book. At least now, I know what Robert Kiyosaki looks like.
on 11 November 2012
Cast your mind back to when you were sixteen, do you wish that someone had given you a book that would have changed your outlook to money, financial education and the way money works? Now ask yourself another question... if you had those tools, would you have put what your learnt into action? If the answer to both questions is yes, then it does not matter how old you are now... you need to study this book and take action to turn your financial world around.

In true Rich Dad fashion, Mr. Kiyosaki takes you through his thoughts, experiences and errors, so that you can start putting the puzzle together to reach exactly what financial freedom means to you and your family. As always, the answers are not handed to you on a plate, because if you have read any of the author's previous books, you will have come to realise that Robert cleverly gets you to start thinking of ways to increase financial IQ muscle.

In this book you will learn 5 concepts which you need to master in order to increase your financial IQ and they are:

* Financial IQ # 1: Making more money.
* Financial IQ # 2: Protecting your money
* Financial IQ # 3: Budgeting your money.
* Financial IQ # 4: Leveraging your money.
* Financial IQ # 5: Improving your financial information.

The most important chapter for me in this book has to be number 9 - Developing your financial genius - if all the above steps are followed, then chapter 9 could give you the final piece of the jigsaw you are looking for!!
on 4 June 2009
This book really contains powerful points to help one;
increase his level of reasoning financially,equip oneself for opportunities,likewise storms of live.
Infact a tip received from this book has continued to make me money
since January.
A must read!!!
on 26 June 2011
Look I like the man. He changed my life.

What I don't like is that we are all contributing to is "passive income" quadrant and not getting practical advice that is significantly original.

I say this book was worth the investment to remind yo to keep an eye on things from his perspective, what it isn't is really a new book, its a new revenue stream for Robert by repackaging his idea Rich Dad poor dad.

Be smart.. Buy this book or rich dad poor dad. I have a scary feeling that I already have too many books saying nothing but "come on you can do it"

Dude I don't give a hoot about your wife's bazillion dollar apartment block who the F in this day and age is going to make money in property, nor do I give a hoot about how rich you are there is a very thin line between "Hey I done it" and "Hey you know that £8.50 you spent on this book? Yeh, I got that too"

Whoever is your marketing and PR guru in your book edit department.. sack them... you are coming across a smug and elite.

I thank you for changing my life. As you will me for my Cash flow game £150 and 4 books investment. But remember I am giving you money, so slow down on the " I am so F loaded I might even kiss myself " It makes me not want to learn about money from you.
on 14 March 2013
Is it a asset or liability robert will put you straight on that one ....or the claasic good dept vs bad dept plus many other ways to
change the way you behave to investing and your money

robert kiysaki allways a good read and a game changer for the uneducated

powerfull info which will plant the seeds and get you on your way to financial freedom

helped me to take some action which netted me a 5 figure asset and a monthly residual income for life
powerfull stuff if put into action this will hep you towards a financial insight in how to increase your real wealth

this should be taught to school kids so they dont end up in a financial mess
on 17 November 2012
If you have read Roberts other books you will start to see that this is just more of the same .
Repeating the same stuff over in new books can't be good can it ?