Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 10 August 1999
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the witty arguments Lydia and Ross engaged in. Both their 'shameful' pasts were dealt with in very moving and tasteful ways. I was touched by the love they shared and urge anyone who reads this story to read the sequel, 'Another Dawn'.
on 5 September 1998
SUNSET EMBRACE was another fine work of Sandra Brown, she always wets the appetite of the avid romance reader. Her characters are wonderful. I had Lydia, Ross, even Victoria and the families on the wagon train all pictured so well in my mind. You just live the part with Sandra's characters. What a talent to paint them so clearly and for you to empathize with them so thoroughly. This story roped you in from the beginning and clearly, I did not want it to end. I'm happy to hear that there is a sequel for me to enjoy as well. SUNSET EMBRACE is a definite keeper! Thanks Sandra!
on 15 August 1997
I read this bood about two months ago. It was one of Sandra Brown's many books that i have read, as she is one of my favorite authors. I could not put this book down. This has to be my favorite book, and I am an avid reader. Nearing the end of the book, i begin to get disappointed, as i didn't want it to end; that is how much i enjoyed it. I was delighted to discover that there was a sequel, Another Dawn. I would definitely reccomend these two books to anyone wanting an exciting romance.
on 6 February 1999
Based on a historical time, this book takes place on a wagon train. Filled with passion, anger, secrets, and deception, this book has a fanatasic plot line. It's a must read! I couldn't put it down!! Its one of my favorite books from her. Don't forget to read the sequel Another Dawn, also a must read novel.
on 8 February 1998
Sunset Embrace and Another Dawn were excellent books. I couldn't put these books down. I was in tears when Ross died, it was a very moving romantic book. I felt like there should be another book after Another Dawn. It left you hanging, and craving for more. I hope there will be another book that follows Another Dawn. Keep up the good work Sandra Brown.
on 13 March 1999
I've read this book a THOUSAND time . But it's still doesn't make me bored ! I love It ! It's ThE BOMB !!! It's a must ! Buy it and u won't be disappointed! NOW TODAY AND READ IT IMMEDIATELY!
The sequel to this is far better.

Lydia comes across as a numpty and bimbo. And the so-called "hero" was horrible. I found very little redeeming factors. It also relied heavily on clichés such as "Old Money" characteristics versus working class people.

The sequel has a fiery independent and intelligent heroine
on 7 July 2010
The book is well written, it's an engaging story but the writer made the "hero" too nasty, the rape, "yes it is a rape" made him just as cruel as Russel the real vilan in the story, and the reader is not expecting that from a "hero". That part in the book was a desapointment.
on 14 February 1999
This is one of my favorite historical romances by Sandra Brown. I enjoyed reading the story and it is a book I'll always remember. (even after 5 years!)
on 11 November 1998
This book is one of the first historical romance novels that I had ever read, and I hope that other readers will enjoy it as well as I did. This is the story is written so well, that I was able to picture what was going on, and almost hear the sounds of the wagon wheels. The reader is able to get involved in the struggles of the passengers of the wagon train. This book is very well written, and if you're a historical romance fan, this is the book for you. I also reccommend the sequal ANOTHER DAWN. I am hoping that Sandra will continue on with her stories of Lydia, Jake, Banner, and the whole crew! Keep up the good work Sandra!