Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 3 November 2007
This is a fascinating little book and was recommended to me by a friend. The subject of reincarnation has always been a curiosity and I've delved into the subject to see what there is out there, and particularly whether there are any consistent accounts and elements; well there are. Frankly, some of the things people are remembering under hypnotic regression or during near-death experiences just cannot be explained by any materialist thinking that puts it all down to some grand hallucination. This is a read that will challenge long held beliefs and present some very interesting circumstantial evidence of the reality of life between life.
on 12 January 2016
I had a serious motorcycle accident, and while I was on the operating table as the doctors tried to stop internal bleeding, my heart stopped. Before they got it going again, I had a stunning experience, and saw things that defy words, the clearest of which was that my life up to that point had been only a small part of a much greater journey. I was able to view it objectively, but this was not easy to handle - I had to keep pushing it out of my mind in order to carry on with everyday life, so it took me 10 years to summon up the courage to look into my own past lives.

After the death of a loved-one, I found I couldn't get things together, but a friend knew a hypnotherapist as able as Dr. Joel Whitton, and as I'd tried everything else I could think of to make sense of my life, I finally made that first appointment...

What followed was a roller-coaster ride through history and across continents, revealing an enormous amount of suffering and loss, but my family members were all there, in different relationships with me and each other - some really bad!

This book helped me make sense of what I saw over 18 months exploring 10 past lives - Joel Whitton and Joe Fisher have drawn the threads together brilliantly to illustrate the currents which underpin our lives; I found that this present life is almost as challenging as many of my past lives (I am disabled since that motorcycle accident), but after reading "Life Between Life", I can recognise those aspects of myself which hark back to choices and challenges of past lives, illustrating areas where I must still work on myself - for the sake of my present, and particularly my future lives.

From someone who's been there, I can't recommend this book highly enough - if you really want to understand why you're here and where you're going, it's a must-read.
on 27 April 2012
`Life Between Life' makes the reader explore the meaning and experience of life. Why are we here? To what purpose? Can we through study and working on ourselves gain a better understanding of these questions? Through techniques such as past-life regression and an overview of what religious teachings have to say on the subject, the authors show that despite no bulletproof evidence for past lives there is a body of evidence collected in the recent past that points to the conclusion that we are born many times into this world. Many topics are discussed, but the one I found most interesting is that this experience we call life is a classroom to learn and through this learning we work out karma and other lessons.

None of what is mentioned in the book is mainstream knowledge, yet I think rejecting this material is foolish and that a person should keep an open mind and explore the topics at question. To not do so is to fall into the dogma of western culture that sees life as linear with man and consciousness as nothing other than the source of mechanical evolution. Nature shows us in many examples that life and existence are cyclical. Although this mechanical nature and conscious `sleep' seems to be the default setting for man as explained by G. I. Gurdjieff and Boris Mouravieff in books such as `In Search of the Miraculous' and the `Gnosis' trilogy and more and more by present day psychology in the study of the adaptive unconscious as laid out in the book `Strangers to Ourselves' by psychologist Timothy Wilson, this default setting doesn't trap individuals into living a life as a machine and an end to existence when life ends. I think that individuals can transcend this state of sleep and break the bonds of materiality through conscious effort and many lives spent learning lessons.
on 21 August 2014
It arrived quite fast to Finland.... A very interesting book....for the ones who are interested...By one of the pioneers in to the research of reincarnation . A must book....
on 15 December 2015
If you are interested in past life regression using hypnosis, then this book is an essential read.
It documents the detailed research carried out by Dr Whitton on both past lives and on the events between incarnations – the interlife as he calls it. Unlike other less credible books published some years after this one, Dr Whitton was a true pioneer - taking the approach of carefully selecting his subjects, and then working with them many times – documenting recalled past lives and the events between those lifetimes. I was impressed by the clear detail of each case, and how Dr Whitton often pursued the cause of an ailment through many lifetimes.
As a skilled and experienced proponent of past life and interlife work, I strongly recommend this book.
on 6 May 2012
A serious study of before and after life experiences through hypnosis by Dr. Joel Whitton. I found it to be a strong support for the reincarnation theory.
on 20 March 1997
If you want to get an interesting and informative account of what everyone's always wanted to know, then you should definately read this book. It includes a self regression guide that really works!
on 5 March 2015
Life changing book. Prompt service from seller, thank you.
on 30 August 2015
good quality. brilliant writing.
on 4 December 2015
Wonderfully collated and many aha moments!