5.0 out of 5 stars I have new found admiration for this gutsy passionate lady
I couldn't put this book down. Faith did a brilliant job in explaining, relaying and somehow pulling you, extremely well, in to her life from grass roots level. For me it was almost as though I was right with her through the good and the bad.

Published on 21 Mar 2009 by Dee M

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
rubbish read didn't even bother to finish it was so boring
Published 14 days ago by debbie turner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I have new found admiration for this gutsy passionate lady, 21 Mar 2009

This is a really good read and I have so much respect for her. This book demonstrates her stength and drive. It is also extremely good at showing her passionate (I am Faith Evans) side mingled nicely together with her domestic (I am mum) side) as well as her I will achieve (career) side.

Absolute must read for all those that like to be inspired, her side of the story and insight into the record business. Great Book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 17 Dec 2013
A very honest account of experiences of growing up as a black female artist in the music industry during the 90's. Some of the experiences discussed in this book were quite painful to read but, this is a book of hope, determination and spirituality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Powerful Read !!!!! ...., 23 July 2010
This review is from: Keep The Faith: A Memoir (Paperback)
Okay it's been almost a decade since i got my hands on an unputdownable book!!! and even though i expected it to be a bit informing or okay i didn't expect to be so intensely drawn in... you just couldn't fake it, she was talking about HER real life to the WORLD.. i really commend her honesty and bravery. I felt just like that teenager making a truckload of mistakes, felt her excitement at her miraculous break in the industry and felt an eerie sense of grief as she lost her first husband and the battle to save what they had, exposed unknown characters i.e charlie baltimore!...can't say much more. A neccessary purchase, you get morrrreeee than your money's worth!, just short of words...

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED THIS BOOK, 5 Aug 2009
Shaceria Cotton "!!shac!!" (united kingdom,london) - See all my reviews
I LOVED THIS BOOK IT WAS VERY ENTERTAINGING AND KEPT MY ATTENTION, I THINK I FINISHED IN ABOUT 3-5 DAYS. I WAS SO INSPIRED ABOUT THE BOOK THAT I CAME A BIT OF A FAN OF FAITH EVANS AND BEGAN RESEARCHING HER AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE SHE MENTIONED IN THE BOOK. THIS IS A DEFINATE GOOD READ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the Faith: A Memoir, 9 Nov 2009
Ms. D. Gordon "Neisha" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Faiths Memoir for me was truly an inspirational read, in all honesty apart from listening to her music and knowing of her Marriage to Biggie I really didn't know anything about Faith however since reading her book I feel like one of her best friends and we have travelled her journey together.

Faiths Memoir is inspirational,a very interesting read and is also something that most us women are able to relate to in some way or another and although I don't know her I feel truly proud of all that she has achieved and accomplished.

Well done girl!

DD xx

5.0 out of 5 stars FAITH KEEPIN IT REAL, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: Keep The Faith: A Memoir (Paperback)
I read this book in two days !!! It was a birthday gift so it came on monday and by yesterday evening I finished it !!!! Faith has come a very long way and I believe all that she has been through has made her a stronger woman she doesnt sugar coat the things she encountered or pretend that she is innocent (as she gave a hell of alot of beatdowns) I am glad she wrote the book and I would read it again !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, engaging and insightful, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Keep The Faith: A Memoir (Paperback)
This book takes me back to a golden era in black music and Faith does a great job of making you her companion throughout her life and her music. Really engaging, emotional and real, no bars held!

Whether you are a fan or not you get an insiders perspective of Bad Boy Records label and artist roster in the hey day, as well as insights on other artists and the ways of the music business. At parts it made me think, I remember when I bought that record, I remember hearing that song, I remember going to that show, I remember hearing that on the radio or seeing that on TV.

I learnt so much more about Faith Evans the woman, the artist, the wife and widow and mother and couldn't put this book down! Brilliant read!

5.0 out of 5 stars good read!!, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Keep The Faith: A Memoir (Paperback)
Great book, a real page turner finished in 3 nights. An honest and informative take on the music industry.
Definitely would recommend well written and also entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sincere and touching, 23 April 2014
J. Parkinson (UK) - See all my reviews
Very open about her life, from the get go she said how people may use this book to learn from her mistakes and shes just as forthcoming with her experiences and her actions throughout her life from start to finish, refreshing in itself. Recommended. Inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!!!!, 30 Jan 2014
Funny, sad, inspiring and truly amazing. Faith evans is my legendary. Such a content person after a whirl wind of a life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Keep The Faith: A Memoir
Keep The Faith: A Memoir by Aliya S. King (Paperback - 3 Sep 2009)