on 15 May 2008
This guide has been really useful to me as i come to the end of my third year. Its a handy size so i can take it into placement without my bag causing me to pull a muscle! The infomation in the book is good for a quick reference when you need to double check something. The section on medical problems and early pregnancy abnormalities is useful to refer to especially in the community setting. The book has an appendix on normal values in pregnancy of biochemistry and haematology tests which again is useful reference guide when in the antenatal clinic (community or hospital). Obviously this book does not have all the answers but it does give brief inforamtion on a wide range of topics which commonly occur.
I would definately recommend this book to other students as well as qualified midwives.
on 14 October 2015
Awesome some stuff looks a bit scary for your first year but when you start looking at the sections in the book in class it makes a whole lot more sense and seriously AIDS understanding. I can see this helping a lot for revising for January exams!
on 10 November 2013
I found the contents of this book excellent. Well worth the money. I recommend this book to all student midwives, it's really helpful especially on placement. However wouldn't recommend the paperback as it does get damaged easily.
on 23 June 2013
Got this because someone had an older version in my class.
Really good book to consult to, just a pocket kind of book.
You can take it to class or to placement as its not heavy.
Has been very useful.
on 22 September 2012
Bought this book ages ago but thought I would review it. It is a shortened version of the Myles textbook for midwives. Explains things clearly and was definitely a good purchase.
on 18 December 2010
Really helpful reference guide when Mayes and Myles are too big and heavy to carry around!
Very comprehensive, accessible and interesting to read. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 15 May 2013
I am a first year student and I carry it everywhere it is very easy read with lots of information, it would be a really good present for a midwifery student
on 11 July 2009
It was very useful to study using this book.
I am an overseas midwife so I found it very useful to learn all the medical terms in English.
I would absolutely recommand it to other midwives that want to practice in the UK, but not to students, since I believe it not complete and it doesnt explain very well everything.
on 26 August 2011
Love this book. Small so easy to carry around and I love taking it to lectures with me. The layout is also really good.
on 30 December 2015
Brilliant. Well worth having for any student midwife. Easier than carrying about Mayes or Myles.