on 29 January 2010
Fabulous book. Balanced, evidence based information, easily understandable and no waffle. Excellent book series, very useful.
on 10 November 2011
Really good book gives the basics of labour and the processes, with rationals. Handy for a first or second year midwife to build up a knowledge base before getting stuck in. Also very easy to read.
on 22 August 2015
In the pictures the pages of the book are printed in colour however, when I received mine it is completely black and white inside. I'm not sure if this is normal? I'm a bit disappointed as I find colour helps me learn better.
on 30 May 2013
Im going into studying midwifery. I work in maternity services as a midwifery assistant, so the entire Midwifery Essentials series would have benefitted me before getting my job, not as a pre-midwifery student. I would recommend this to someone completely new to healthcare because the level expected at University is much greater than this.
on 23 September 2015
Brilliant! Love this series of books - I am a student midwife and they are great little books packed full of useful info
on 27 October 2015
I like the book because it increase my knowledge.
on 15 May 2013
I got this for my first placement on the MLU and found it really helpful. It is written for students and gave me an understanding before I started but also helped with assignments. It's in a smaller handy size to cart around with you too.
on 8 July 2015
Useful small books fit in the pocket.
on 30 March 2015
ideal for 1st year student midwives or even to start reading before you begin the course, very simple to read, bit too basic after you have gained some experience. Gave 4/5 based on the price as it is only a very small book and yet quite pricey considering
on 28 July 2014