Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2003
I am an experienced emergency nurse practitioner of almost 4 years. However I was still able to learn from this book. Dennis has caught exactly the way to pass on information. The book is designed to be used by nurses working in the minor injury environment, although many SHO level Drs have commented on how helpful the book has been to them. Dennis has also provided excellent illustrations to back up the prose, many done by Dennis himself. It is an easy to follow book which can be read from cover to cover or used as a reference book. I would thouroughly recommend that anyone involved in minor injuries invest in this book.
on 3 November 2003
As a nurse practitioner student, I found this book useful for getting the basics right. It is a good grass roots text and does not overwhelm with it's jargon. I would recommend it to anyone in the minor injuries field.
on 4 March 2010
I have been an A+E nurse for many years and got the chance to do a Minor Injuries/Illness course. This book was top of the reading list and everybody on the course has bought a copy. On top of that, most of the Nurse Practitioners in our department also have a copy.

Generally, I find it hard to read text books, but this particular one is very easy to pick up and use as a reference when I am working. Whenever I need to check anything out, I simply go to the relevant section and the answer is there.

Great Book. Would highly recommend.
on 12 December 2009
This book is worth it's weight in gold. Fantastic. A must have. You wont be disappointed.
on 18 February 2013
The book is well written and easy to understand but one of the reasons I got it was for the link to learning by evolve for practical examination techniques and so on but there seems no way to access it despite e mails to the company and tried every which way, with no success so don't buy it for this purpose or you will be dissapointed.
on 22 July 2009
bought this book for my husband as a gift as soon as he told me he would work in minor injury unit. he's very pleased everything about this book and helped him so much.

highly recommended for those working in minor injury unit.
on 5 June 2012
Great book! but the links to the online DVD were not available on the KINDLE version as specified. This was reported to Amazon who were very diligent in dealing with the matter. I was offered a refund.
on 27 April 2015
As a Paramedic Practitioner working in a OOH Treatment Centre I find myself returning to this informative workstudy. It is that too rare combination of sound theoretical advice combined with experienced practical application.
Having had the opportunity to study under the author he truly is a force of nature.
on 8 September 2013
A truly invaluable book for all nurse practitioners and those involved in assessing minor injuries. Clear, concise and well laid out. the illustrations are brilliant, well labelled and thorough. I can't envisage not having this book by my side at work. Buy it - you really won't regret it!
on 23 October 2014
What a brilliant book this is for anyone working in Emergency Care. The detail is excellent with very good pictures and diagrams. The best part is the quality of the tips and advice which show that the author is an experienced, caring practitioner.