TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 June 2011
As a student radiographer myself I can safely say I've had a good look at many textbooks and this is has been essential for the skeletal aspect of the course. Each chapter is focussed on an area of the body and further divided into the different bones, how they articulate and what holds them together - essentially the entire bone mechanism in one.

The MOST useful aspect of this book are the diagrams. I loved that they weren't labelled but they were numbered with a key. This meant that I could learn the theory and have a go at labelling them myself without thinking I knew the answers because they were already there. The diagrams are black and white which is actually useful because you can therefore see any grooves along the bone which are certainly significant. The images are not only line drawings but also x-rays as you'd imagine, some of which show pathologies. A majority of the images are the numbered diagrams as I've mentioned.

This book is quite thin, which is surprising because it has everything you need to know for your first year. I found myself relying on this textbook during lectures because often I found it easier to understand by looking at a picture - and there are plenty of those.

I recommend this for any radiography student - every student on my course had one. It is simple with a good amount of detail in a really well structured layout. There are very few sections of block text - so this may be something to keep in mind if you prefer to read a great deal as opposed to relating images to text.
on 31 October 2010
As a first year, I thoroughly recommend this book, it is by far the most easiest to read and understand out of all the skeletal anatomy books because it is concise and straight to the point. It has decent diagrams and pictures of x rays that are all labeled and I've spoke to a radiographer who uses these books to help them out. The book is not particularly big and its price is a bit too much but it's still the best book for radiographers, it will help you through the 1st year.
on 27 February 2016
As a first year radiography student this is essential as you will predominately be studying boney anatomy. There is no anatomy you will need that is not in this book (applying to skeletal anatomy) yet, the book is not one of the chunky books! The book is broken down into axial and appendicular sections (skull, c spine upper limb and so on) making for easy navigation and better reading in my opinion.
All of the anatomy is well complemented with excellent images including x ray images, which i especially like as it relates the anatomy to the images you are seeing when working. This is more of a visual learning book but even if you learn more by reading this is still a good companion book to have.
There are a few of the more common pathologies at the end of each section, as well as a section at the front however they are very basically explained and i wouldn't recommend getting this book based on pathology.

Would highly recommend this book to all radiography student!
on 10 April 2012
I'm a first year radiography student and I bought this book because it was on the reading list at uni and had great reviews on here. I think the reviews are well deserved and it is a good book, but as we have got into the course a bit I have found this book a bit too simple and I was starting to have to rely on dipping in and out of other books to get all the necessary information needed for the lectures and practicals, which I started to get frustrated with. I think this books main strength is the labelling of x-rays and bones so you can know what you are looking at and test yourself, but I would say I stopped using this around christmas really. I am sure I will use it again when it gets to exam time because I think it will be good for quick revision of bony landmarks but I think it is a book that you outgrow very quickly. However, there is no doubt that this is the book to buy when you are starting out and learning the radiographic anatomy and that's why I've given it 4 stars.
on 9 November 2010
This product was part of a larger order and so came packaged with another book. The service was great and was delivered much sooner than expected.
The book is a handy guide for my Uni course (Diagnostic Radiography) and is nice and light to carry to lectures. Useful if you can purchase it for a reasonable price
on 11 October 2011
As is already written this book is essential reading for all those embarking on a diagnostic radiography course.
It can seem a lot to take in prior to starting the course, but I would recommend the book as pre-course reading, if you do you will find your A&P lectures a lot easier and able to take in additional information.
If you are only going to buy one book - buy this one and decide what else to buy at Uni by asking lecturers and borrowing from the library and deciding which book suits your learning style and level.

The newest edition contains radiographs so that you can look at a drawing labelled with the x ray next to it so you can see how it looks.
You will need an additional book for positioning, but overall one that you should know inside and out.
on 23 April 2010
This book has been very helpful for my skeletal imaging module. I'm a first year radiography student and I would recommend it to any other student.
on 19 June 2010
Excellent guide to radiographic anatomy particularly bony, it is set out in a logical way and give clear and concise information. I would say that it one of the most frequently used books that I have and I'm glad that I got it. Its small and not like some of the other books which cost stupendous amounts and actually aren't that useful.
Brilliant book for any radiography students a definite must have.
on 4 September 2013
After looking around and deciding to by the book second hand, I went for one of the sellers that had good ratings. The book was in a good state for second had (slightly bent corners) but it was exactly what I needed.
The book also arrived on time.
Would recommend this book and seller
on 25 February 2011
Clear and simple book that provides a brilliant starting point for radiography student. The book provides good schematic diagrams of the bone, joints and associated muscularture/ligaments/tendons. Simply a mustfor a 1styear student.