on 24 May 2005
I bought this book when i failed my first exam for the second time during my first year. With the help of this book i passed with flying colours!!
I was astounded how easy the book was to read and the content included everything from what was covered in my two exams in the first year to material useful in forthcoming assignments. It includes anatomy&physiology, psychology, sociological concepts, nursing models : it has a bit of everything! I am entering my 2nd year and still use this book more than any of my others, it covers EVERYTHING!my advice to you is to buy this book it is the ADNS bible and im sure it will be used throughout my training! You will find you always refer to this book first in any assignments or revision its written in good old plain english - no airy fairy jargon that you can't get your head around, and theres even a few pictures thrown in too!A bargain for the amount of help it will provide!
0Comment41 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2005
I bought this book towards the end of my third year as a student nurse (one I'd always meant to buy but never got round to doing). It has been such a valuable read and often one that I can't put down! I wish I had bought this book before I even started my course, it would have been an excellent reference for many of my assignments, and explained things that I was not formally taught but need to know. I am now embarking on the transision to Staff Nurse, and this book is still useful and I expect will continue to be well into my new career. I would recommend this book to any nurse.
0Comment37 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2004
I found this book really useful for my essay. As a first year student nurse, this book gave me information on everything needed for the first year. Couldn't have done my essay without it! I quoted it time and time again. This book really is a must.
on 9 March 2003
The book can probably be credited for helping me pass the common foundation stage of my training. I quoted it in EVERY essay I wrote. I would strongly urge any student nurse to buy this book. It contains everything you need.
on 16 November 2003
This book is great for any student nurse in there common foundation year. It gives outlines of almost everything you need to know within your first year. It can be used as a reference text and relates theory to practice. Excellent book.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2006
This book is a sound introduction to nursing. It contains a great deal of information on the philosophy, basis, context and models of nursing practice. It introduces important concepts such as privacy and dignity, death and dying, and pain management.
It is cited on many of the reading lists for the CFP (Common Foundation Programme). My criticism of the book would be its definite bias towards adult nursing. However, it certainly contains extremely useful information for all branches.
on 7 February 2011
I Love this book, its got topis such as manual handling, ethics, risk assesment, safe nursing practice... etc its got so much information that you will need during your studies as A NURSE it even has sections that help you when your out on placement practice. I 110% recommend this book especially for nursing student!!! P.S i have friends that are doing midewifery and they even use this book this is how helpful this book is!!!
on 6 November 2007
I brought this book within weeks of starting my nurse training, im now due to qualify in a matter of months and i have used this book time and time again! Definately worth buying!
on 5 April 2007
I have used this book constantly throughout my first year, and i think it will be helpful when i go into branch also.

It introduces the student into lots of different things, such as ethics, models of nursing, communication and many many more.. It also has some basic anatomy and physiology, although it is very basic.

I would recommend this to any student about to begin their nursing course, as it will prove useful throughout the whole course and not just first year.
on 30 November 2003
I bought this before starting my training and used it a lot during the first year, still using it now halfway through the course for reference. Good book.