4.0 out of 5 stars Well connected, 3 Sep 2007
This review is from: Anatomy Trains (Paperback)
I was first introduced to Tom Myers work through Elizabeth Bussey, a brilliant Polestar Pilates educator during my training with her. Had I not experienced it first I would have found it difficult to understand the Anatomy trains principle...simply because my understanding of anatomy was through the habit of isolating Muscle function. This version is far more functional and appeals to anyone interested in movement and Myofascial meridians. It's helped enormously in improving my understanding of movement and has made it easier for me to communicate it when teaching clients. I would recommend this to anyone who works as a body worker or movement practitioner... I would have given it a 5 star rating except that I feel the layout could be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading......, 7 Feb 2008
This review is from: Anatomy Trains (Paperback)
Essential reading and reference book for anyone who wishes to deeply understand and work with the complexity of the myofascial structure and postural distortions in the body . Clear, informative, complex, comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable book; no, seriously..., 29 Jan 2008
Darren Harris "Lakes Darren" (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anatomy Trains (Paperback)
This book is that good if you are involved in working with bodies e.g. exercise,massage,physio, dance, movement therapy etc. There are many good books for straight anatomy lessons, but none as good at completing the human approach to integrating all that technical infromation, so you get to see what really matters to how bodies function (or don't).
Really apprecite the great use of sidebars and boxes for related comments and asides on the areas in discussion (often revealing thought provoking ideas you just want to rush off and explore further!)
Layout is clear enough to follow systematically through the lines in turn, revealing Myer's logic for connecting tissues and channels of communication through the entire system, masterful.
The book simply proves to be a highly graceful unification of so many previously disparate areas of expertise, Myers makes you feel you can always find relevance to whatever field of knowledge you bring to the book.
Myers is one of the bigger fish in the still too small pond of myofascial work, and what he says is worth listening too wherever you may find it, or him (well worth watching on the related DVD's too. The ladies love him, so does the camera, and he knows it! But we'll let him off for what he will enlighten us with.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Subject, 4 Oct 2008
This review is from: Anatomy Trains (Paperback)
For those who love the intrigue of the human body, this is a fascinating book. It is very thought provoking and has definitely helped me in my own business.
A must read for anyone involved in Sports Injuries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anatomy Trains, 27 Jun 2009
Mrs. Elizabeth M. Wilkinson (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anatomy Trains (Paperback)
This book is written in language understood by most people and the words they believe may cause a problem are explained. Anatomy trains is well written and illustrated. I wish I had known about it when first I delved into complementary therapies.
Thankyou Amazon for delivering this and all other purchases I have made securely packed and speedily sent.

Anatomy Trains
Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers (Paperback - 20 Sep 2001)
33.41
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available