4.0 out of 5 stars this book was my bible through my ODP training
I found this book very useful whilst training for my NVQ3 in Operating Department Practice. It was my bible and even if I couldn`t find any relevant information in it to include as references, it filled out the old bibliography!!!
Published on 27 April 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars The old version of the book is more educational.
Published on 13 Feb 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars The old version of the book is more educational., 13 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Brigden's Operating Department Practice (Hardcover)
I saw the old version of this book in the library at the hospital i work at. I then proceeded to read this new version. The section i needed was an in depth guide into Health and Safety. So i bought the book thinking that the rest of the book would be as detailed and informative. However, when trying to use Brigdens new edition for research within the Operating Department Practitioner framework i find it is vastly lacking in many areas that are essential to my work such as anaesthetics. The equipment illustrated is out of date and no guidance is given in the book to surgical instruments which the students new to the field need. Trust me..dont waste your time with this book. Try the old one first then try anything else but this.

4.0 out of 5 stars this book was my bible through my ODP training, 27 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Brigden's Operating Department Practice (Hardcover)

Brigden's Operating Department Practice
Brigden's Operating Department Practice by Josephine Jones RGN (Hardcover - 1 April 1998)
Used & New from: 80.49