Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Sirantha Jax is a former grimspace navigator. If you had told her a year ago that she would become an ambassador and lead a delegation for an alliance between humans and bugs, she would have told you that you are delusional and that it was time to stop drinking. But here Jax is, on Ithiss-Tor. The Ithtorians have kept their mandibles to themselves for over two hundred years. New Terran Chancellor Tarn is the Conglomerate official that has persuaded Jax to try her hand at being a political ambassador.

With Jax are her crewmates. Velith "Vel" Il-Nok is the Ithtorian bounty hunter that had tracked Jax across the galaxy. Instead of hunting her, Vel now acts as a translator between Jax and his insect-like race. Vel's job is to prevent Jax from making catastrophic mistakes. However, it becomes quickly obvious that there are powerful oppositions for the alliance. But the threats to her life are the least of Jax's worries. Should Jax fail in this mission, the entire human race will suffer.

**** FOUR STARS! This time the author dives into alien politics. The plot is not something I normally enjoy, however, this time I do. Aguirre's writing style keeps events running smoothly forward. She succeeds in making the Ithtorian race both alien and similar to me, as the reader. The alien race has its own customs, language, and political drama, yet I find it to be remarkably like delegations between countries here, on Earth. Author Ann Aguirre gets better and better with every title she has published. I want more! ****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.
on 26 January 2012
Hot on the heels of finishing Wanderlust and feeling the love big time for Jax I was eager and excited to start Doubleblind however I have to say that I was a little disappointed with it. Don't get me wrong I still really enjoyed this book but it just wasn't Wanderlust. This book picks up immeadiately where book 2 ended with Jax, who is now an Ambassador, landing on Ithiss-Tor, Vel's home planet, and it is here on Ithiss-Tor that we stay for the whole of the book. Ms Aguirre does an excellent job of inventing a new planet with its inhabitants and their customs. I loved the world building of it where everything is so different from what us 'soft skins' as we are known are used to. However there isn't a lot of action going on, as Jax is undertaking her role of Ambassador and acting as a politician toeing the line staying out of trouble and behaving herself. I missed the old Jax a little bit. It is because of this that I found this third book to be a little bit slow. We find out a lot about Vel and why he left Ithiss-Tor in the first place and we also have to deal with March and his fallout from the battle on Lachion in Wanderlust and it broke my heart a bit. Constance, Hit and Jael are also part of the team now and they bring great parts to the story however Doubleblind centers on Jax and Vel and I just want to say how much I like Vel. Not as good as book 1 and 2 in my opinion so I would like to give Doubleblind 4 stars.
on 4 December 2009
Okay SF but the romance angle is so repetitive it grates. And it ends with a cliffhanger. But I'd step on her fingers.