4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous
I purchased this book for my 11 year old daughter who is a an avid reader of Jacqueline Wilson. She said,

Published on 4 Mar 2011 by faza

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Thought it was a bit exaggerated and had the same plot twist of many of her books. Typical Jacqueline Wilson!
Published 12 months ago by Katie Sharp

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Lily Alone (Hardcover)

'It was really good, Jacqueline put me through such sorrow, such happiness and so many feelings which all came together. I felt that I really knew the main character and I thought I knew what it would be like to be her. The ending was sad but it was a good ending. I do hope there is a sequel! This book would be good for 9+ readers.'

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed It, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Lily Alone (Paperback)
I was a huge Jacqueline Wilson fan when I was younger, I had most of her books and read tehm many times. As I got older I steered away from them, I stopped reading her work, but I did keep watching Tracy Beaker on TV (still do, I'm loving the new series 'Tracy Beaker Returns')
Anyway, when I first heard about this book I thought it was the story of one of the girls from Tracy Beaker Returns (there is a girl called Lily who has got used to raising her two little sisters) I soon found out this book had nothing to do with that character, it was completely different, so I moved away from it, but then I found a book trailer on Youtube for it and it looked really good. I kept thinking about it and wondering. I was then talking to some of the kids in the library and I got strong recommendations for it, so I decided to put a request in.
It arrived today. I got home from work just after 6 and had my dinner, I started the book just before 7 and had finished it by 9.15, so it took me just over two hours.
Jacqueline's writing has an easy flowing style to it that makes it easy to get into and quick to read. The characters became real and I could picture them all. I instantly wanted to slap the mother and tell her to grow up and stop being so selfish, but at the same time I wanted to give Lily a great big hug and tell her it would be ok.
her younger brother Baxter is a real live wire, mischievious and cheeky but a softy deep down, Bliss (his twin) is very timid and very shy, she is scared of a lot of things but has a great imagination and I could really feel the bond between her and Lily. Cute little Pixie is a little monster really, always hungry or wanting something, she depends on her big sister.
You have to admire Lily for everything she does for them, yes she makes some mistakes and some silly choices but you can tell she is trying.
I spent the whole book hoping for a happy ending, I really wanted it to work out for them. I know there are a lot of kids out there that really do have this sort of life and it makes you stop and think.
This book did remind me why Wilson is so popular and why I loved her books. I don't think I will necessarily read all the books by her that I haven't read but I will be more likely to pick another one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily Alone, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: Lily Alone (Hardcover)
I bought this for my daughter's birthday because she loves Jacqueline Wilson. She though it was fantastic and read it within a couple of days!! It arrived promptly and in excellent condition which I have come to expect of all Amazon products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily Alone Review By RCB, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Lily Alone (Hardcover)
Lily Alone was an amazing book to read. Even before I opened the first page there were all sorts of questions I wanted to ask.Why was she alone? Was there anyone with her? If not where were her parents? These questions were answered as I began to read on through the book, it was a whirlwind of love, hope, fear and pain. Jacquline Wilson expresses in detail what it is like to be left alone ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book!, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lily Alone (Paperback)
Delighted little grandaughter when I gave her this book at Christmas! She is not a great reader usually and struggles sometimes, but she wanted this book and was really pleased to receive it. And if it encourages her to read more then mission accomplished! Reading is one of the greatest pleasures in life and I know she is enjoying the book already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily Alone, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Lily Alone (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book it is the best book I've read so far.I think Lily is brave when she has to look after her broher and sisters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 8 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Reality mixed with adventure, 4 Feb 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Lily Alone (Kindle Edition)
(Dad acted as secretary) Lily has to look after her young brother and sisters while her mother is away. They should be in school but they don't go! Stuck at home with them, she tries to keep them busy and happy, taking them out to the park when they need a break in the fresh air. Lily's teacher becomes suspicious. To escape snooping social workers, Lily takes her young siblings on a camping trip and they get into all kinds of mischief....

4.0 out of 5 stars OK..., 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lily Alone (Paperback)
All in all, four stars for me. It was good, but her other books are much better. I kind of wished that the story would include her siblings a bit more. I hated the way Wilson deliberately left out Lily's brother,Baxter,in most of the story, just because he was a boy. The ending was very dissatisfying too.I would recommend this book, but remind people it's not the best book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily Alone, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Lily Alone (Hardcover)
lily alone is a very good book, i'd recommend to girls nine and over.
lily is not alone she's with her younger sister pixie and bliss and her brother called Baxter,
her mum goes to Spain with her new boyfriend Gordon she rings her old husband to look after
her kids but he's in Vegas so he can't come to look after the kids so there left alone and lily has
to look after the children.What will she do???

Lily Alone
Lily Alone by Jacqueline Wilson (Paperback - 8 Dec 2011)
3.49