4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for pre teens, good for girls and boys
My son looked at me with disgust when I suggested that he read a Jacqueline Wilson book. 'Those are for girls...' he sneered. 'Well, just you have an open mind and give it a go. I mean, just how many decent srory books have you exactly found to read lately?'
Published on 17 Mar. 2004 by mazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Best friends
Published on 16 July 2010 by Oonaguna

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for pre teens, good for girls and boys, 17 Mar. 2004
mazza (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Friends (Hardcover)
Well, he shuffled about uneasily and conceded that there really wasn't much of interest left in his school library to read and so begrudgingly, he took the book away.
A few days later, it's all smiles and 'Jacqueline Wilson this...and Jacqueline Wilson that' and 'please can you get hold of some more of these types of books PLEASE!'
So this is a great starting point for a very competent 7 yr old, but perhaps more for an 8 or 9 year old. The children in the stories are still at junior school, so that's a good guide as to thw suitability of the starting age range. There's no upper limit - it's a great read for grown-ups too! The only reason why we decided not to give it 5 stars is that she (Jacqueline Wilson) has not got many starring roles for boys in any of her novels!

3.0 out of 5 stars Best friends, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
The book best friends is a very good book by Jacqueline Wilson. It's not the type of book I would like because I normally read books like Enid Blyton's the twins at st. Claire's and Mallory towers, I decided to try a Jacqueline Wilson book and when I finished it I thought it was good. I bought another one and when I finished that one I thought it was very good. After that my mam bought me the book best friends. At first I thought it wouldn't be good and I thought it would be a bit babyish. All the same, I decided to start reading it. It was about two girls, Gemma and Alice were best friends and they lived next door to each other. Then Alice had to move to Scotland and her mother didn't want her to have anything to do with Gemma anymore. The only way they could keep in touch was to use e-mails because Alice's new friend Flora, had let Alice use her computer. But Gemma isn't sure that she and Alice can stay best friends forever.......

By Roisin Barrett, Aged 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars best friends :D, 25 Mar. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
when my mummy bought me this book i thought "awww a big long boring book !!" but as i read the first page i couldnt stop then i found myself at chapter 8 and then my mummy took it of me and said "no more reading it will hurt your eyes!"

i told her it reminded me about my best friend orfhlaith and me, and it did because i have brown hair and she has blond hair and im loud and messy and orfhlaith is quiet and neat!

i loved this book and i never want to get rid of it because i love it :)

and i have read it 3 times and i can now finish it within a day!!

i really would like you to read this and see what it is like
I LOVE THE BOOK 'BEST FRIENDS'

by olivia xx

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 1 May 2010
Annette Moulin (New Caledonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
This is one of Jacqueline wilson's best books.
these 2 girls have been friends since they were born, but one day ALice's mum and dad want to live on the other side of the country,
the 2 best friends will fight for their frendship to last but will it be enough ? will they still see eachother again ?
this is a story that shows how much best friends will do to stay together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Friends by Jacqueline Wilson, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
This book is about the friendship of two girls called Gemma and Alice. They were born on the same day and have been best friends ever since. One day, the girls have a sleepover and Gemma finds out from Alice's diary that Alice has a big secret which she didn't share with Gemma. Soon afterwards, Alice shares the secret of her moving house far away. Gemma is horrified by this and is worried if she can still keep her friendship with Alice..... One night, Alice's Mom and Dad have a leaving party and Gemma and Alice decide to run away in order to stay together as best friends. Along the way, they meet a boy called Biscuits whose Mom tells the girl's parents about the plot of them running away. The girls are then taken home with sad hearts as this was the last time they would see each other for now. The story continues and Gemma is still trying to get in touch with Alice when, as a surprise, Gemma's Granddad says he's going to visit the place where Alice lives (Scotland) with Gemma as a treat! When they go to see Alice, Gemma meets Alice's new friend Flora, who Gemma thinks will ruin her friendship with Alice. Gemma had taken a cake which she had made for Alice and herself to cut, although Alice's Mom lets Flora cut the cake and with so much anger Gemma shoves the cake in Flora's face! I've given you some parts of the the story which I think are great and I don't want to tell you what happens next.... all I know is that 'Best Friends' is a really great book to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book!, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Best Friends (Kindle Edition)
like the title says brilliant book. It is about best friends. they are two girls named gemma and alice they stick together like glue. They were born on the same day and have seen each other every day since. they share every thing but then gemma finds out there is something alice isn't sharing it is a secret and when gemma finds out what it is she is certain that they will no longer stay best friends for ever.

alice is moving to scotland. she is starting a new life with a new school a massive garden and.... a new best friend that goes by the name of flora. alice and gemma can still write to each other but alice has to email via floras computer. finally gemmas kind loving grandad drives her all the way up tp scotland to see alice again bbut flora is there and is horrible to gemma. gemma cant stand it and does somthing very naugty. lets just say it involvs floras face and a very creamy chocolate cake.

absolutely brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what daughter wanted!, 20 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
My dauhgter asked for this for her 10th birthday. She's not the most confident of readers but seems to manage well with Jacqueline Wilson. I am always pleased when she reads something that isn't all about wizards for once! She's loving it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Friends, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Best Friends (Kindle Edition)
I love this book a lot and it is my favourite book you have done.
The drawings are perfect and well done!
It also has loads of imaginanion.
Well Done!

Daphne

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 21 Nov. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Best Friends (Paperback)
|This book is a heartwarming story about two best friends. the girls have been friends since birth.However when one of the girls dad gets a job in scotland the girls are moved away from each other.
i would truly reccomend this book to girls aged 9 and over
As its got such a great storyline.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Best Friends (Kindle Edition)
this book is great sutibale for
all ages but make sure you don't change into cheeky gemma .
this shows that miles apart you a
can be BFF miles
no spoilers

Best Friends
Best Friends by Jacqueline Wilson (Paperback - 9 Oct. 2008)