Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 15 November 2009
I couldn't get enough of the entire Fever series. Fae Fever is a book you just cannot put down.
on 24 June 2014
I was not able to put this series of books down after starting to read the first one! Each book left me wanting to get straight online to order the next. I enjoyed the plot line as it was so different to any other fantasy ficton book I have read. Every time I thought I had it worked out a new element would be added into the mix. Very enjoyable read!
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2008
I would agree with the first reviewer that this book is slow to get going as it is necessary for the author to recap on the previous two books. Unlike KMM's Scottish series about the McKendricks's, the light Sidhe druids, these Fever books do not stand alone. You must read the first in the series first and progress to the second etc.

These are far darker and violent than the Scottish series, which is lighthearted and more romantic by comparison.

The main fault I find with this Fever series is that they are written as the recollections of Mac, a diary, although not in diary form and follow on almost exactly in time line from the previous one. I found the second book difficult to get into for several chapters, because of the time span between publishing I'd forgotten all that happened in the first book.

In this 3rd book, V'Lane gives us more information about the Sidhe and how the dark king came about. We don't really learn that much more about Barrons, apart from the fact that he can travel into the Dark Sidhe world without harm. Which leads Mac to believe that he is of the Dark Sidhe. We do learn that he has druid skills.

Mac learns that All Hallows Eve is the important date upon which the Lord Master, her sister's killer, plans to bring down the walls between the kingdoms, letting the dark Sidhe invade Earth. Desparately, she, the Sidhe Seers, and the MacKendricks in Scotland try to protect the walls and the MacKendricks ask Barrons to help them.

In the end though has Barrons betrayed them all?
on 29 September 2008
KMM has long been one of my favourite authors. The Fever series are a particularly inspired piece of writing as good as C.L Wilsons Tairen Soul series. Although the content has been darker with each book it was still entertaining and gripping. However, in Faefever there were sections where Ms Lane self analysis and confusion seems to be laboriously drawn out as page fillers. The closure left a sour taste. Multiple rape is never going to be an entertaining read for me no matter how its couched. I read to be informed or entertained(scarily, laughingly or just sheer escapism) - sometimes a mix of all but the Faefever closure was a disconnected bolt-on not in sync with the rest of the book. As the remaining books have already been written, someone besides KMM may know how it connects into the next book. I am currently not inclined to find out. My loyalty to KMM and the scenes with Mac trying out her MacHalo and JZB/Mac with the Beast book lifted the Faefever ratings at 3 stars.
on 10 March 2013
Of course, as good as any toher part of the series. Don't get me wrong, because I love every single part of it, but this one was sort of a transit one. You didn't expect the end and you had a bad, bad feeling throughout all the book. But I loved nonetheless!
on 7 November 2013
Never been a fan of this type of fiction before but this series had me gripped from the onset. One of the books was given to me as part of the series and I just had to buy the rest and read them all.
on 7 November 2015
read these books several times!! love the fever series. love the kick ass attitude of Miss Lane. Jericho Barrons, well what can I say about him but oh my!!!!, everyone needs a Jericho Barrons!!!
on 27 December 2012
Not an awful lot to say about these books - if you have nothing else to do - they are a pleasant read. Personally, I would recommend Diana Gabbaldon which is a much better read.
on 14 April 2014
I really like this series. I have enjoyed the twists and turns and constant discoveries of something new. Moning keeps me guessing and hooked with each turn of the page.
on 27 July 2010
Enjoyed the book. But I do think the whole series is now being to drawn out. I am not happy having to buy another 2 books to find out the conclusion! Bad marketing.