5.0 out of 5 stars The best thesaurus money can buy
I brought this book as a gift for my dad,who is an avid crossword fan.
I wanted to get him the best,and had always heard that Roget's is the best thesaurus available.
He was pleased when he opened it but now he has used it a few times,he is even more pleased.
At this price,it is a steal.
As ever,buying from Amazon,delivery was outstanding..it said 3-5...
Published on 6 Mar. 2010 by K. Lowe

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny print
The book is fine just as you would expect however, the print is so tiny I even struggle with new reading glasses
Published on 13 Nov. 2009 by old lady who lives in a shoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny print, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Rogets 21st Century Thesaurus: In Dictionary Form (21st Century Reference) (Mass Market Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars an american mistake, 6 Sept. 2010
Needing a new thesaurus I bought this American version. Reviews were positive and it was cheap. A mistake. For a crossword clue I needed a four letter word beginning with k for an avian preditor. I tried "hawk" but there was no entry for it. I tried "falcon",kestral" and "eagle" but again no entries. "Kite" was the obvious answer from my falling - apart Penguin thesaurus. This Princeton volume boasts on the backcover that it contains no obsolete terms. Hard to believe these words are obsolete in America, especially "eagle". Maybe I will just buy an up to date Penguin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Roget's Thesaurus - Dictionary Style, 21 Oct. 2010
Mr. G. Johns "Master Mason 6407" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
It wasn't until I opened the package that I realised it was the US version - in US English (a misnomer to me - English should be uniquely English).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thesaurus money can buy, 6 Mar. 2010
K. Lowe "thekat" (wolves,uk) - See all my reviews
I brought this book as a gift for my dad,who is an avid crossword fan.
At this price,it is a steal.
As ever,buying from Amazon,delivery was outstanding..it said 3-5 working days,but arrived in 2,making it in time for his Birthday and covering for my ineptitude.

2.0 out of 5 stars Roget's Thesaurus (21st Cantury Reference), 18 Dec. 2012
I was very disappointed to find this book to be small in format but thick for a format of this size. In the case of a novel, which may be read once or twice, this hardly matters but a reference book should withstand constant use without falling apart. The spine is gummed and breaks easily. I foresee that this book has a limited life. Moreover, the text is uncommonly small, making it hard to read. A magnifying glass is practically essential. I think these considerations should be made clear at the point of sale. I use Roget constantly and I see that I shall not get my money's worth. I award two stars for the quality of the contents but for the means of delivery, zilch (blank, diddly-squat, goose egg, hill of beans, insignificancy, nada, naught...)

5.0 out of 5 stars High Definition, 3 Feb. 2011
An excellent little Thesuarus that's made easier to use by its dictionary format. Be warned that the type is rather small, ( it has to be really to keep it a manageable size ), so you'll need good eyesight or some form of magnification.

I bought it for my daughter, to improve her vocabulary and all in all it does the job very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars 96 year old's cheater catcher., 11 Oct. 2012
Purchased for a 96 year old lady who thought her Scrabble partner might be cheating. I'm not sure if she intends to look up words or throw the book at him - she hates to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars the bible of thesauruses, 11 Feb. 2010
Fokion Dimitriadis (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
My consistent avocation for more than a decade now has been english lexicology (the study of words) and I have built a respectable library of relevant material. After repeated comparative tests and rigorous assessments of each and every one of my resources I have concluded that this book stands out as the most comprehensive,up-to-date, and above all, practical guide in the market. Its competitive advantages are:
- It lists a mind-boggling array of synonyms (spanning the whole semantic spectrum)for each entry and the arrangement is alphabetical and not based on the semantic proximity of each synonym to the entry - making it completely descriptive and not prescriptive.
- It refers every entry to its relevant concept, effectively linking the word to the idea and mirroring the way we actually think!
- The above produces a concept index which captures our world in intuitive conceptual categories.

BY FAR THE BEST BOOK IN ITS CATEGORY

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Useful Gift, 23 July 2010
We have had a copy of this book in the house for years and use it regularly.... this was a Birthday gift for 26 yr old son....so that he has one in the house too!

Rogets 21st Century Thesaurus: In Dictionary Form (21st Century Reference)
Rogets 21st Century Thesaurus: In Dictionary Form (21st Century Reference) by Barbara Ann Kipfer (Mass Market Paperback - 28 July 2006)