5.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a Shopaholic
This is the same book as 'Secret dreamworld of a shopaholic'
(Although still absolutely hysterical!)
Published on 7 Jun 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars A strangely annoying character
This is Rebecca Bloomwood's story of her life as a financial journalist where she reports on all things finacial. But there is a problem her own personal finances are out of control and she cannot bring herself to sort them out. Rebecca has her head in the sand. Then an opportunity to help goes wrong but can she rectify all that she has done and does she really know...
Published on 21 Dec 2010 by Jo D'Arcy

5.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a Shopaholic, 7 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Confessions of a Shopaholic (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the same book as 'Secret dreamworld of a shopaholic'
(Although still absolutely hysterical!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious book that i couldn't put down!, 11 Mar 2001
By A Customer
In one word, wow! I love this book - it's amazing. Becky is a qualified journalist in a job she hates (a mag called 'Successful Saving' - say no more) and has a huge problem in that she can't stop spending - she is infact a shopaholic! To make matters worse, she really can't afford to be shop so much, and the excuses she comes up with to avoid meeting the bank manager are hilarious! She just seems incapable of accepting responsiblity, growing up, and finding love. This book had me hooked. I read all 320 pages within 3 days - i just couldn't put it down. Literally! I would recomend this book to ANYONE who loves shopping, comedy, and books with an unexpected romantic twist to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars CONFESSIONS, 16 Oct 2005
DevJohn01 (Somerset, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confessions of a Shopaholic (Mass Market Paperback)
I had heard many great things about the 'SHOPAHOLIC' series but for some reason put off reading it. I think that maybe the title put me off a little bit, thinking that it was more of a diary that an actual story. Finally, after ages of hearing about how great the series was I borrowed 'CONFESSIONS' from a friend and boy was I glad that I did! This has got to be one of the funniest books that I have ever read! Becky Bloomwood is hilarious and I can completely relate to her irrepressible urge to buy whatever is put in her path! Immediately after reading 'CONFESSIONS' I went out and purchased it (so that I could have a copy of my own) and the following two books in the series and I devoured those too. The 'SHOPAHOLIC' series has skyrocketed to the top of my favorite series list and Kinsella is now a "must read" author for me. If you haven't yet read any of this series GO OUT AND GET IT TODAY, you will not be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars a real giggle out loud, 3 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This is a real giggle out loud book. Great if you want a fun, escapist read on a miserable day. The heroine is ditzy and well meaning, and constantly deceives herself in the way we all do about overspending, and the financial scrapes she gets herself into are mad, but in places scarily believable. Although the story itself is eminently readable, the facsimile letters from the banks, credit card companies and stores are the funniest bit, and we find out even more about the heroine, Becky, from them.
All in all, this isn't the book for you if you're wanting great emotional depth and all that, but if you want to be entertained and made to smile, it's just the thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a very rare, expensive pair of desirable, sparkling shoes!, 12 Jun 2006
Do you love to shop? Do you sometimes get an obsession to get the latest look? Well, Becky Bloomswood does just that! She stars as the main character in the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.She stars as the main character in the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. The books are about a young woman who is obsessed with shopping and will spend all her time and money on shopping!

Becky encounters a whirlwind of events and finally realises that her spending is getting out of control. Becky has been slacking on her job, getting deeper and deeper into debt from her outrageous spending, things just couldn't get any worse for her, that is until Mr Luke Brandon comes along and she immediately falls for him which causes even more events to spiral out of control...

Will all her problems be solved? Will she find true love with Luke Brandon?

This book is for all females and is aimed at teenagers and adults. With its humour and realistic storyline you just can not put the book down! Overall, I think this is a great read and I really recommend you read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud until it hurts!, 6 Jan 2006
wow! i could not put this book down. i'm not much of a reader, usually it takes me months to finish a book. but this one just hit the spot! it's a really easy read, especially great for holidays, or if you're feeling rubbish and need a chuckle.
the book's heroin, becky bloomwood, uses all the excuses in the book to spend lots of money. many such excuses i recognise. for example: 'i dont smoke, so just imagine all the money ive saved, so can therefore splash out on another 6 pairs of shoes!!'
so to all women who need a good laugh at how we all manage to get ourselves into the most rediculous situations... read this book! it'd make an exellent gift for a girlfriend, or as a treat for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 4 Oct 2003
Claire, Lulu "Lulu" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Sophie Kinsella has created a lovable character in Rebecca Bloomfield. She is basically as the title suggests a shopoholic. hilariously witty and charming this book has everything in it that keeps you giggling well into the night. I read this book in a day, once i picked it up i couldnt put it down. The story itself is based around Beckys shopping addiction and humongous debts she gets into. Not to mention her silly fantasys of a bank mess up!
Excellent read hilarious and light hearted!

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and relaxing!, 27 July 2006
Nadia Al Hazmi (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
Every now and then, it is nice to dive into a book that doesn't require too much brain activity while reading it! This is such a book!!! It is witty, captivating and awfully funny!!! Sophie Kinsella is a natural at it!!! After finishing it, I bought the remainder of the series and devoured them within days. I felt refreshed at the end of it, and I am looking forward to her next Shopaholic book!!! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindred Spirit, 13 Jun 2002
By A Customer
I bought this book in the states last year to take on a three week European trip I was taking with a group of fellow college students and I have to say I finished the book within the first two days of the trip it was so good!!!! I just couldn't put it down. I completely enjoyed all the situations she found herself in and I could also completely relate to her shopping addiction. I was laughing so hard that some of my fellow travellers asked what I was reading and when I told them they lined up to read it. I think during the three week trip the book made it around to 5 of the women and then when I got back to the states I managed to convert four more people to the world of a shopaholic. I couldn't wait until the next book was going to be released in the states and I have to say I was not disappointed with that one either. I am eagerly anticipating the lastest escapade as I have pre-ordered the book and have another vacation in which to read it, although I have a feeling I will be trying to find something additional since I tend to read Ms. Kinsella's books so quickly. I can only hope that Shopaholic Ties the Knot will not be the end of what has become one of my favorite all time characters, which after reading Bridget Jones I would have never thought possible but hey miracles do happen. Anyway if you haven't read any of the books I HIGHLY, did I stress that enough, reccommend that you pick one up. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Though I�m no fan of shopping, I totally loved this book., 21 Sep 2003
Reading this book is like eating a gorgeous calorie-free cake or going on a shopping binge but returning with your credit card intact, your bank balance untainted and your conscience clear. If you want to splurge with neither guilt nor consequences, this is the book for you. I ate it up; loved every page-turning minute of it.
This is a true treat buy. You watch with both horror and glee as heroine Rebecca Bloomwood goes from one mess into an even deeper one as she tries to spend her way out of debt.
Kinsella has very cleverly tapped into the way most of us escape into a secret fantasy life when the real thing becomes dull and dreary - ie, most of the time.
What makes it work and why, I'm sure, it sold so well is that there is much more to Rebecca than shopping. I'd love to have her as a friend. She's loyal, kind, understanding and great fun. Plus she has a wardrobe to D I E for....
Really, it's just a girlie version of Billy Liar, only MUCH better dressed and with better jokes too.

Confessions of a Shopaholic
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (Mass Market Paperback - Nov 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01