5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! - "Tell Everyone" about this read
WOW! is the after effect from this book. From beginning to end you cannot put this down. I lived and breathed my days at work to find out what happened next!
Published on 14 Mar 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but didn't live up to expectations
I bought this book based on its intriguing title and synopsis and the number of excellent reviews but after a strong start, it didn't end up being the chilling and suspenseful book I expected. The twist at the end fell flat, adding nothing. The book reads at killer speed as it moves quickly from scene to scene and it held my attention, but this technique can also divert...
Published on 20 Aug 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! - "Tell Everyone" about this read, 14 Mar 2002
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
Effectively written in first person for the main character (Beck), this book is a gripping tangle of intertwined personal agendas and feelings. You could not guess the end result in a million years!I was addicted to this book, even to the very last page, and had to physically prevent myself from reading the end chapter to see the outcome!
Exciting, tearful, addictive, absolutely thrilling!
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes to be "blown away" with a believable thriller, and certainly felt like I had been slapped in the face by a FANTASTIC read!
The best book I have read for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars e-mails, love and murders, 6 Jun 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
An excellent murder-mystery with plenty of characters and plenty of twists and turns, right through to the very last page. For fans of the Myron Bolitar series the writing style is different, but then presumably Harlan Coben thought it was time for a change. Some of the story is written autobiographically by Dr. David Beck and the rest written in the third person - quite an interesting approach. I look forward to the film - it should be a great improvement on many of the thrillers released over the last few years. Highly recommended - an ideal holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flippin Fab, 17 Mar 2006
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
This book was the best I have read in a long time - I am new to Mr Coben's work and this will not be last one I read. Something happens on every page and its gripping. I read it in 2 days and was disappointed when I had to sleep and put the book down till the morning! I 110% recommend this one and I am off to get another right now.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment Plus, 14 Sep 2001
Untouchable (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
David Beck thought his wife was murdered eight years ago, the victim of a serial killer. Then an anonymous email arrives which suggests that, just possibly, she's still alive. To add to the intrigue, the murder case is reopened and Beck is now the FBI's main suspect. The action takes off when Beck becomes a fugitive and is not only pursued by the police, but also by a bunch of thugs intent on silencing him for good - and how on earth do those blokes come into it?. All the while, he tries to meet up with the mystery correspondent, not an easy task when it seems his every move is monitored.
I found this to be one of those books that seems a lot shorter than it actually is because the action is non-stop, you barely have time to get over one near miss when you're confronted with some other danger or a new piece of the puzzle is put into place. It's a compelling book thanks to the mystery surrounding the death of Elizabeth Back, wife of David Beck. This was one of the more enjoyable books I've read this year and rate it very highly purely on its ability to entertain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Incredible!!, 2 April 2003
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read so far... It totally grips you in from the first page and doesn't let you go until the end. I read this book in 2 days flat - the fastest Ive ever read a book! (Im a slow reader - typical book - 1 month!).
I seriously recommend this book to anyone, you wont be disappointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 12 July 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely excellent book. After each chapter I thought I'd sussed out who the killer was, only to change my mind a few pages later. I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. I am a fan of crime novels but had never read anything by Coben before, I shall definetely be reading more. Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!, 24 May 2005
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
Eight years ago Beck lost his wife to a serial killer...or so he thought until he started to receive emails from someone that knows things only she could.
From the start of this book, to the end, it is a fantastic read and I could barely put it down. I've read others from the same author and I wasn't dissapointed this time.
If you want a great holiday book, pick this one, my only sadness was that it finished - albeit with a great twist!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant crime thriller that you simply can't put down!, 14 July 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
Tell No One is a gripping crime mystery which takes you on an emotional roller coaster with a twisting-turning plot that has you sitting on the edge of your seat. I could not, quite literally, put it down and have read it from start to finish, on two separate occasions for six hours at a stretch.
The story revolves around Dr Beck, a sympathetic central character, who receives an email from his adored but dead wife. She was murdered nine years previously. His investigation into her murder and messages from beyond the grave make this novel a must-read. Harlan Coben is a brilliant story teller delivering extraordinary but believable characters to life and finely weaving three intricate subplots, as well as the main story, into this compelling masterpiece.
If you have not read any other books by this author, Tell No One is a great introduction. It comes as no surprise to learn that the film rights were sold before it was even published!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book makes it worth learning to read, 21 July 2004
Darrell Till "astralbee" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
I used to read so many books, once upon a time. I dont know what happened - everything I do persuade myself to read these days seems to become a chore after a few chapters. Now I have just finished "Tell No One" in 3 sittings, and I am here on Amazon to buy more of Harlan Coben's books. "Tell No One" is an incredible read - Coben manages to skip the unnecessary waffle so loved by his peers and get right to the story, and yet still manages to make all his characters become entirely real to you. It's all in the dialogue, which speaks volumes about each character in the novel. You NEED to read this story, and somebody needs to turn it into a movie. No, on second thoughts - leave it as it is. Harlan Coben has got me reading again!

5.0 out of 5 stars If there is one book you read this year..., 6 Jun 2002
Nik Blundell (Sutton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
This is one of those one-in-a-thousand books - a true page-turner - pure and simple. I started reading this on a Saturday afternoon and read it non-stop until I finished at 7.30am the next morning. A book full of twists and turns (the last one is in the last paragraphs of the last page), Coben's ability to make you live and breathe the life of his protaganist (Dr David Beck) is amazing. Even a car chase he describes has the reader perched on the edge of the proverbial chair. Something for everyone - rose tinted romance, high paced drama and plenty of mind games. Read it! You won't regret it.

Tell No One
Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Mar 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01