4.0 out of 5 stars The book kept you on the edge and guessing who the enemy was

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a good book
Published on 14 Jun 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a good book, 14 Jun 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
I Know What You Did Last Summer By:Lois Duncan The book I Know What You Did Last Summer took place on the West Coast. Four kids,are main characters: Julie, a straight A student,and captain of the cheerleading squad was short and had curly red hair. Helen, she dropped out of school, when she was a junior to be a weather girl for the channel five news. She was tall and skinny with honey colored hair. Ray, who moved out to the east coast to work on boats. Barry goes to the University and stays at the dorm. They were all at a party one night, when they were drinking and then on their way home they hit a kid who was riding on his bike. They all made a pact that they wouldn't tell anyone about the accident that night. Then a year later, someone found out about what they did and now he's stalking them. The author, Lois Duncan is able to relate to students reading the book. The book is pretty easy to read. At times the book gets boring but for the most part it's interesting, it makes you want to keep reading to see what is going to happen. The writing is good and easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars The book kept you on the edge and guessing who the enemy was, 20 Jun 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
Four teens were out one night driving. They were all a little drunk and a little high. As they were passing through a little mountain town with a dark and windy road, they accidently hit a little boy. The little boy is hurt badly, but the group decides not to go back and help him. They make a pact to never tell anyone about the accident. I enjoyed the story from the book very much. It doesn't follow the movie at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Good-Movie Bad, 24 Aug 2000
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
The movie did not do the book justice. The movie is a ridiculous piece of **** which does not in any way follow the correct storyline. The killer is different and is a character that makes more sense in the book. Not only is his anger justified but you feel his agony and he is not a faceless killer as in the movie. The characters are not shallow or hastily written about as in the movie. It has no stupid or pointless sequels. Do yourself a favor and do not see the movie, read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Nov 1998
By A Customer
Julie James and her friends are driving home on the magical night of high school's end when they accidently hit and kill a little boy. One year later, they each receive letters saying 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. An excellent book which keeps you guessing until the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Know What you did lat summer was pretty good !!, 19 Jun 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
The book of I Know What you did last summer was pretty good, except for I have one PROBLEM, it was nothing like the movie at all, and that kinda confused me in a way. Other than that It was one of my favorite books !!!
Julie James (Jennifer Love Hewitt) and her friends Helen Summers, Barry Cox, and Ray are all having a good time. Until Barry fools around and takes away Ray's concintration on driving, so they accidentally kill a local fisherman. They put him in a local lake, so they can't take the blame for his death(or they think he's dead at least).
A year later............
Julie recieves a letter that Says
" I know what you did last summer " The soon find out that someone is out to get them, and ruin their lives....FOREVER!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite like the movie..., 2 July 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
I am a great fan of horrors, terrors, slashers .etc. I have seen I know what you did last Summer, which was not as good as SCREAM, but very good, and a very smart story. But I have to say that the book is on the same direction as the movie, but almost all the parts are different(Ex: Instead of hitting a fisherman, they hit someone on a bicycle) This confused me and many friends, but it was still smartly layed- out, and entertaining. You should read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A smart, fun, but disappointing thriller., 26 Aug 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
It was one of those books that got better as it went along. I was as good as the movie in different ways. I was cool and easy to read. But the ending was truly disappointing. I kept looking through and realizing that there were only ten page left. At the end, I said, that's it. I think Lois was in a rush near the end. But the whole rest of the story was suspenseful and engaging. You really felt for these characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful, 30 July 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
When I first read this book, it was because my best freind raved sbout it. It was very interesting and simple. I liked the simple plot in a small town with a mass murderer on the loose that wants revenge. I was disappointed when I found out who the murderer was because I kind of liked him/her. It was okay but rther simple and easy to read. Lois, it was captivating but Im sure you've done better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be ready to be scared out of your skin!!, 4 Jun 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
In this book one accident will change the lives of four teens forever. In this story Julie, Ray, Barry and Heller try to find out who is stalking them. But how much will he put them through before he gives himself up? If you like mystery, excitement and being scared out of your skin, this book is for you! The book is way better than the movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD AND SUSPENSEFUL THRILLER!, 28 Aug 1999
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Summer (Mass Market Paperback)
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER WAS AN AWESOME THRILLER! I LIKED THE BOOK BETTER THEN THE MOVIE BUT THE MOVIE IS STILL GOOD. I LIKED READING HOW JULIE, BARRY, HELEN, AND RAY WERE DEALING WITH THEIR LIVES AFTER THE HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT A YEAR AGO. I LIKED ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS AND I FELT FOR THEM. AND THE KILLER WAS A BIG SHOCK! SO IF YOU WANT TO READ A VERY SUSPENSEFUL THRILLER THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!

I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Aug 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01