5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely haunting, read and be mesmerised
I've always been a big fan of the romantic horror genre, it's always held more allure for me than you're average boy meets girl love story. The whole premise of boy meets weregirl is so much more interesting.
Published on 5 April 2006 by friendlyfreak

3.0 out of 5 stars Blood and Chocolate - Book vs Film
Published 7 months ago by SF

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely haunting, read and be mesmerised, 5 April 2006
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
The love story isn't some straight forward get together, theres lots of twists and turns that keep you interested, as a reader you're always left on tenterhooks, the author does not let you have one moment of relaxation.
i found myself disappointed at how quickly i read this book, i wanted it to go on for that little bit longer. It certainly kept me happy throughout, if your like your love stories with a little bit more bite this is definitely your read - dont miss out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book , fantastic for teenage reading , Must read!!, 20 Jun 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
When i first read this book, i just couldn't put it down! I was so additive to it and couldn't spend time on revising for my exams..oops! It is excellent for teenagers and it is full of romance and alittle horror.
You would loved to be the characters in Blood and Chocolate particularly Vivian !! She is extremely pretty and how she had to get through to be with someone she likes and likes her too.
This book is highly recommended for anyone interested in romance and fantasy kinds, so buy this book and read it ,you'll find that you couldn't put it down either!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but a bit irritating!, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
I love paranormal / fantasy stories so when Blood and Chocolate was recommended, I figured it was right up my street. Although the book was incredibly easy to get into, I found that I just could not gel with the main character, Vivian. She came across as stuck up and much older than her 16 years and it really irked me whenever she referred to someone as girl or boy. She seemed over cocky for someone in her situation.
Having said that, the story itself was excellent. Klause's writing flowed easily and craftily and I would certainly read any other books she has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good teenage romantic horror!, 28 July 2002
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
This is a book that I will treasure forever, it manages to be funny, sad, a mystery/romance and horror all at once. Vivien is a 16 year old girl who happens to be a loup garou - a werewolf. Vivien lives with her mother and the rest of their pack hiding in the city where they exist within the human world but are forever apart from it. Vivien breaks this unspoken barrier when she falls in love with Aiden a human boy in her high school and tries unsuccessfully to lead a more normal human life.
Vivien's relationship with Aiden breaks your heart because you KNOW it will end badly, not only does Vivien end up hurt and rejected by the boy she loves but her romance with the human sparks off serious resentment with the Five- the teenage males nearest her age in the Pack. This resentment spirals out of control and endangers the whole Pack's welfare as human bodies begin to pile up, suspicions are raised towards Vivien and she must try to clear her name and find the real killer before the Pack is hunted down by humans once more. The best part about this book is that it deals with werewolves which is very rare in YA horror which normally tends to focus solely on vampires or witches. This werewolf novel is very well written with great characters- particularly Gabriel (hubba hubba!) the 24 year old drifter who much to Vivian's embarassment looks set to become her mother's toy boy. The one liners are very funny and anyone who doesn't laugh out loud at Vivien's dry wit doesn't possess a funny bone- the best line that springs to mind is Rafe's "I got me a new honey", and Vivien's zinger of "yeah who is she when she's concious."
This book is a classic and you really FEEL for poor Vivian who only wants to try and balance a normal life with her werewolf nature. I cannot stress how much I love this book and fans of LJ Smith, and Cate Tiernan would be mad to miss this. For these who enjoy those authors I would also suggest a YA novel called Companions of the Night, and by the same author Silver Kiss Clause's take on vampires.
If there is a God I'd just like to state it would make my life complete if Annette Kurtis Clause would write a follow up to this novel I want more!

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant and original storyline, 3 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
This unusual book is hard to put down. It is different to my usual choice of book. I like the main character, Vivian, because she is really well-described, and I felt I got to know her thoughts and feelings. The storyline is exciting and fast-moving. It's a fabulous book!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, you wont be able to put it down, 1 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
this book has thaat special sort of magic that some books contain, that makes the book sort of come to life and suck you in. the story line is great and easy to follow the carecters are well developed giving you just enough background to understand the resons some of them do things.
Vivian= 16 year old girl. the only teenage girl in the pack, shunned by other students,lost her father in a fire relatedd to human fear of wearwolves in which she partly blames her self. Dosent approve of killing humans
Adian= human, wants to be different, leader of a group teenagers(his pack),into hippi clothes and rock bands,his parents think he is a freak
are they as compatable as they think or are they headed for the disastr they seem to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a sweet story!, 8 Jun 2009
L. Jia - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
I liked the ending bit. It was a twist but more realistic. It's not as twilight good, but it's enjoyable. Recommend to the girls who like twilight series.

2.0 out of 5 stars I preferred the film, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
I read this book because I seem to be one of the few people who actually enjoyed the film. I can see why there were complaints as they are actually two totally different stories, basically they just have the same names and it features werewolves.

In the book I never really warmed up to Vivian, she just annoyed me, she comes across as full of herself and stuck up, but at times still seems childish and I wasn't particularly sold on either of the guys.

I think one of the many differences of the film was that it was more adult, while this is much more of a children's book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blood and Chocolate - Book vs Film, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
Having seen the film first I was curious about the book. Well I've satisfied my curiosity and, other than the names and the fact they are wolves; I can report the two bear no resemblance what so ever! Personally I didn't enjoy the book as much as the film, the characters in the book were un appealing and did very little for me. My advice is if you enjoyed the film steer clear of the book and if you liked the book you'll be disappointed with the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A total genre leader, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Paperback)
I read this in a single sitting. I just couldn't stop which is weird because, on the face of it, I don't think this is a 5 star book. I am not 100% sure why though... I'd like to give it a 4.5 really.

It's about a girl who is a werewolf (or something close to it) who falls for a normal guy, tells him about herself and then all kinds of chaos breaks loose in the town & her pack because of her actions. I found the writing compelling, and I enjoyed reading the main character, Vivian. She's one of those strong leads I like so much, who doesn't mind telling the world to go to hell. She's very headstrong and not always right, but I like how she asserts herself.

I think this is a really quintessential werewolf book, and I think anyone who is a fan of the genre should read this - there are so many things to like. If you enjoyed the Andrea Cremer Nightshade books, you will love Vivian. She suffers from similar problems to Calla Tor, female in a male wolf's world etc, but her solutions are quite different. It also has plenty in here for fans of The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater too. The werewolves have very believable wolf behavior, and it was great to see them being quite animalistic.

Final word... I think this is pretty hot for YA, so I wouldn't let anyone younger than a 13 yr old read it, and even then it would depend on the 13yr old. There's a lot of lust going on within!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Blood and Chocolate
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (Mass Market Paperback - Oct 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01