5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book that gets to grips with kidnapping.
Published on 9 Mar 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh!
Published 5 months ago by Kaylie

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book that gets to grips with kidnapping., 9 Mar 2000
By A Customer
"The Face on the Milk Carton" by Caroline.B.Cooney is one of the best books I have ever read. It is the first book in a trilogy about Janie/Jenny. "The Face on the Milk Carton" is about a 15 year olds life that's turned upside down. Janie always feels younger than her friends and it's not until she sees herself as a child on the back of a milk carton that she realises she is. She also realises that she isn't who she's meant to be, because she's been kidnapped. First of all she thinks she's making it up. Her parents aren't bad people they can't have kidnapped her! But Janie recognises the dress on the Milk Carton She wore that dress; something was wrong. Piece by piece Janie figures out the truth about her parents and the unknown Hannah. I would recommend this book because it's well written and if you've read other books by Caroline.B.Cooney or if you like family/teens the this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Favorite Books, 7 Nov 2003
Ok, this is one of my favorite books, and I've read a lot of books. It's about Janie Johnson, a girl who doesn't expect anything different about her life until lunch. One day, Janie's eating lunch with her friends when she picks up her milk carton and sees her face on the missing children picture. She automatically realizes that her parents aren't her real parents, or related to them. Her parents had kidnapped her from their daughter, thinking that she was their grandaughter, who kidnapped Janie from her real family. Sound confusing, right? But there's a lot of feelings, and the plot is amazing. Will Janie find her real family? What will happen to her? I totally recommend this book for teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars More info in the book, 30 July 2014
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I watched the film and decided to get the books. There's more information in the books and the story is easier to follow. Told from Janie's ( Jennie's) point of view, we get to see the emotional trauma of what it's like to be the kidnapped child in the story. I can't imagine how Jennie coped. What a terrible trial.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh!, 25 Mar 2014
Kaylie (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
Personally I did not care for this book. I read it for a Genre Challenge on Goodreads and really wish I hadn't. I understand most teenage girls would love this and the concept is a great one. I just wish that there was more to it. I found the main character annoy and repetitive and I couldn't warm to her. Although I don't like it and do not intend to read the rest of the series, there were parts that I enjoyed, I just wish they had carried on for the rest of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Faboulous with the thrill, love, and suspense!, 14 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This book, and other three: Whatever Happened To Janie and The Voice On the Radio are brilliant! I have never read anything like it. I even an author, could not write something like this. Its fabpoulous. Read it. I know you'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick but very enjoyable read!, 22 Jun 2001
By A Customer
I would definitely recommend this book. It is both gripping and emotional and left me wanting more from the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Sep 2013
My 12 year old son loved it , and has asked for the rest in the series .a great book

The Face on the Milk Carton
The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01