5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Just got my Kindle and this was a freebie so thought I would give it a try. I like historical romance and I have a soft spot for pirates so hoped this would be good. Well I was not disappointed with this fabulous swashbuckling love affair set on the high seas.......couldn't wait to get the other two in the trilogy after reading this!
Published on 3 July 2012 by Pinkgem

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea
I didn't even bother to finish. It was far too nautically technical for me. Disappointing purchase although others may enjoy it.
Published 12 months ago by S. M. Denby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 3 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Marsha's best, and my personal favorite!, 30 Mar 1999
This review is from: Across a Moonlit Sea (Mass Market Paperback)
Marsha writes with such intelligence and wit that is prevalent in all her books, and Across a Moonlit Sea is no exception. Her words come to life and her characters stay with you long after you have read the last page. Her attention to detail is unparalleled by any other romance author I have read. And let's not forget the importance of a sexy hero and steamy love scenes!
What makes this book my favorite is the heroine, Isabeau Spence. Marsha has created a character who is independant, intelligent, strong willed and way ahead of her time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the consummate pirate book!, 28 Jan 1999
This review is from: Across a Moonlit Sea (Mass Market Paperback)
Oh, to be gifted with Marsha Canham's ability to spin a tale!
Marsha Canham masterfully concocts an incredible cast of characters in this novel, deftly weaves in actual historical figures, presents a compelling story as she tosses her readers on board a ship bound for the high seas. . . all of this in the first chapter. And it just gets better.
I would like to also say that her research was incredibly accurate. There was no twisting of fact to suit her fiction, there was an attention to detail that all other authors wish they had, and there was a genuine interest in presenting the life of a man of the sea in addition to a steamy and seductive love story. Beau and Dante are sheer magic, I must say, but it's Beau's father who steals the show.
Read this book. It is a shining example of how historical fiction should be written. Marsha, please hurry up with the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 5 Mar 2012
Fantastic characters. I love books which aren't just about the hero/heroine. I had to keep reading to find out what happened next.

History, great characters, swashbuckling action and hot love scenes. What more could you ask?

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 4 Dec 1998
This review is from: Across a Moonlit Sea (Mass Market Paperback)
Although I have read many romance novels in my time I would be the first to admit that many of them are formulaic. This book was a pleasant surprise - all the usual ingredients were there of course, deliciously hunky hero, feisty heroine, sizzling sex scenes - but there was also a surprising amount of history thrown in. Set (mostly at sea) in Tudor times, just before the Armada of 1588, the book captures a great deal of the political feel of the time and the author's knowledge of Elizabethan sailing, ships and weaponry gives an authentic feel to the story. Still probably only for romance afficionados, but well researched nevertheless and an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 17 Nov 2013
I enjoyed reading this title, the scenes were set brilliantly and the English was well written. Would recommend this and the follow on books to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 2 Sep 2013
Couldn't put the book down. What an adventure I felt I was on reading this fantastic book. I'm a history lover and really enjoyed reading all about their adventure, made me want to go off and search out the real history of that time era and the events that were mentioned. I felt there was a really good mixture of history, sailing facts and romance. I see there are other books that are about their daughter, I would certainly go and read those as well. My only moan I think would be, that I would have loved a bit more at the end, to me it finished just a tad too quickly but then that is also a sign of a good book; you just don't want them to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read, 1 Jun 2013
If you fancy swashbuckling, handsome, sexy men and strong, fierce women this is your book! Not exactly high brow but very very entertaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 23 May 2013
I could run out of superlatives for this book. Wonderful characters that felt so real. I especially loved the salty language and surprised myself by enjoying the sea battles. Wonderful romance and adventure story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read!, 22 Mar 2013
A really fabulous read, feisty heroine, great hero, nice love story but also great pirate fighting. Fast pacing and yet very descriptive. Loved it! Will definitely buy the sequel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Across a Moonlit Sea
Across a Moonlit Sea by Marcia Canham (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jun 1996)
Used & New from: 0.01