5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Sara Paretsky
Published 14 months ago by jillhazeljill

3.0 out of 5 stars V.I. Warshawski and a family obligation
V.I gets called in by her aunt (on her mother's side#, who wants her to clear her name from the suspicion of stealing from her workplace, a cloister, by swapping stock worth millions with fake ones.
Published on 4 Jan. 2010 by Sol

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Sara Paretsky, 8 Mar. 2014
This was a very good read, I just could not put the story down.. I always enjoy the V.I. tales and this was a good as all the rest of the books, fast action, a real female hero who can deal with the bad guys the way I would like to be able to. A really good read. I do hope there are some of her books that I have not read yet because she really keeps up her very high standard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 12 May 2015
Working my through the cannon ... another worth reading book... even if the entire plot is outside my experience as a non-catholic non-Chicago resident Sara Paretsky managed to engage my interest from beginning to the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars V.I. Warshawski and a family obligation, 4 Jan. 2010
V.I., at her best when driven by feelings of obligation and guilt - to family or friends who make demands on her loyalty, refuses to let go of the case even when Aunt Rosa tells her to back down.
Why does Rosa hate her mother - and thereby V.I. herself - so much? Why did Rosa suddenly change her mind about the case? Did someone pressure her #anyone who can pressure Rosa to do anything must have some powerful bargaining cards...)
And does the murder of an old friend of V.I. have anything to do with the case? The friend's grieving parents put additional pressure on V.I's fine-tuned sense of guilt.
And oh - Lotty's charming uncle Stefan shows up. And gets hurt. More guilt for V.I, more anger from Lotty, as V.I. unravels family secrets both her own and others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping to the end., 25 April 2015
Well plotted and kept me turning the pages. The plot would have seemed highly unlikely not so many years ago, but is remarkably perceptive and (sadly) doesn't seem at all far fetched today.

5.0 out of 5 stars just great!, 15 Sept. 2013
Just a great book... The plot, the characters and even the background are very well put together and most enjoyable... Will now search for a follow up book by same author!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another in the series, 22 Mar. 2014
Not quite as good as her usual books (in my opinion)
I am usually rivetted by her heroine's actions and motivations but just couldn't get into this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this book, 19 Nov. 2013
excellent read - this author never lets you down. quirky, strong female PI and as always twisting plot - gives the reader enjoyment book after book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing, very enjoyable, 1 Oct. 2014
Great writing,very enjoyable. Think I may have heard it as a radio play - will definitely read more of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2014
A great read. Gripping, hard-boiled, humane and unpretentious.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a sucker for Kathleen Turner's voice..., 7 Sept. 2010
And V.I. Warshawski is the perfect verhicle for her talents... first broadcast in 1991 it just seems to mature with age... a rare vintage... enjoy.

Killing Orders
Killing Orders by Sara Paretsky (Mass Market Paperback - 16 April 1985)
Used & New from: £0.01