4.0 out of 5 stars A compelling and touching true mystery, 1 Mar 1999
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
In this touching and true story, the author tells about her daughter, Kaitlyn Arquette, thought to be an intelligent, bright, and clever person, got herself in trouble by trusting all the wrong people. Both mystery and non-fiction, Who Killed My Daughter? is suspenseful and touching. Lois Duncan explains her quest to solve the mystery of her daughter's murder. It is truely amazing how Duncan combines all the information on her daughter's case in this book. She also tells about her frusteration with the police, and how she must work on the case without their help. Duncan describes the characters so well that I felt like I personally knew them. Her casual and sincere writing style made the easy to read and hard to put to down. Duncan also tells about how her family struggles coping with Kaitlyn's death. The image of Kaitlyn, a beautiful, smart and loved teenager, was shattered when I discovered the shocking information she was hiding. To me, that was the scariest part. The book was mysterious, and left me shocked at the fact that it is a true story. The theme of being careful who you trust was very educational, and taught me to more careful about certain things. I highly recommend this book, especially to mystery-lovers. I, myself, am not a mystery fan, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Who Killed My Daughter? is a great, and very true book that everyone can enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love mystery, this is the book to read!, 3 Jun 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
Parent's love for their childern can not be compare to anything else in the world. A parent can do any things for their childs no matter what it is and how ling it takes. Who Killed My Daughter? is a book about two loving parents who would go to any length in finding the truth of their daughter's killer. I found this a great and touching book. I could not put this book down until I finished it; I was attached to the book. I could feel the pain, confusion and frustration inside Lois for not being able to convince the police it was more than just a random shooting. I highly recommand this book to those who loves mysteries and have childrens because this book will show you how tragic it is to lose a child. It will also show you what a mother's love can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heart wrenching true story of a mother's love ....., 25 Jan 1999
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
Lois Duncan is and wanted to solve her daughter's death. Covered up by the cops as a randomn killing, she sets out to find the truth using detectives, psychics, and police. It never is solved due to lack of evidence and after reading the novel it was clear that this involved vietnamese car scams. Yet the hitman seemed to be hyspanic. The mystery still remains. An excellent story for those who love mysteries and are compassionate.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book gave me a lot to think about., 11 April 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
I could not put this book down until I finished it. It really pulled me into the story -- I could really feel the author's confusion and frustration at not being able to convince the authorities of the circumstances leading to her daughter's death. I was intrigued by the psychic readings, although they were often too confusing to me and I had to rely on the author's interpretations. I highly recommend this to anyone who has teenagers. It will scare you to death at what can (and does) happen if your children happen to get in with "the wrong crowd." I recommend reading this book twice -- once for entertainment and the second time you can piece things together a little better. A great book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, recommanded for anyonone who enjoys her novels, 8 Dec 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
I find this book very well written. It must have been hard for Lois Duncan to write this book. It's very detailed.It's the great search for the murderer of her daughter.I would recommand this book to people to who like her young adult novels. I wouldn't recommand this book to people who have lost a loved one. ENJOY, the choice is your's!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A true story that is absolutely heartbreaking, 6 May 1997
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
Lois Duncan is best known for her young adult fiction. Her daughter, Kaitlyn Clare Arquette, was killed because she knew too much about an interstate crime ring. The resulting book is an account of the murder and the so-called police investigation.

It was the first non-fiction work of hers that I have read, and I was up all night. Therefore, I rate this book 10 on a scale of 1-10. Please, if you have the chance to read it, do so. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Feb 2013
F. Brannigan "FMB" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
I'd always loved Lois Duncan's books and was curious to read more about her daughter's murder. This was a really fascinating read and hard to put down. Such a terribly sad story at the same time, especially as all these years later there is still no resolution.

4.0 out of 5 stars "A jolting book", 7 Mar 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
"Who killed my daughter?" is a great book. Since I had already read "I Know What You Did Last Summer" I knew what to expect. But this book touched my heart as the author rummages for clues to Kaitlyn's death. A quest from which the author unleashed secrets which were shocking. A great book with the frightening apocalypses which give answers to a murder. It kept me glued to the book until I finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANATASTIC!, 18 Feb 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INTRIGUING BOOKS THAT I HAVE EVER READ. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN UNTIL I HAD FINISHED IT. I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS BOOK, IF THERE IS ONE AT THIS TIME. MY HEART GOES OUT TO KAITLYN'S FAMILY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sad story about the real life murder of Duncan's child, 24 July 1998
This review is from: Who Killed My Daughter? (Mass Market Paperback)
After having been a fan of Lois Duncan's young adult books all through my teenage years, I stumbled across this non-fiction account of the murder of her daughter. Terribly tragic story which still has no resolution...........

Who Killed My Daughter?
Who Killed My Daughter? by Lois Duncan (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan 2000)