5.0 out of 5 stars This book is HOT!
I agree to a certain extent with the previous review. While I don't think this book is near as good as the other 3, (and I did like the Dragon and the Jewel) it definitely held my attention. Things were very hot in the bedroom and he did not cheat on his wife because his mistress was his wife. Virginia Henley is the incomparable queen of hot, exciting romance!
Published on 24 May 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapproved of the plot!
After reading 'Henley's 'Pirate and the Pagen, Raven and the Rose, and the Falcon and the Flower', I found that 'Hawk and Dove' scored the same as 'Dragon and Jewel' on my 'read again only if on a remote island and there are no natives to talk to'. Virginia Henley is one of my favorite authors! I loved all the characters in the three novels mentioned above, however,...
Published on 19 April 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Read This Book!, 2 Sept. 1999
This review is from: The Hawk and the Dove (Mass Market Paperback)
This was awful! A complete waste of time and money. The characters were selfish and self absorbed. I do not know who is worse--Ms. Henley for actually thinking up these characters or me for actually wasting my time and reading about them. I think in parts of the book Ms. Henley tried to make it like Whitney, My Love. Not even close! Back to the drawing board, Ms. Henley!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST, 7 April 1999
THIS BOOK IS JUST GREAT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a good book, 23 Aug. 1999
This review is from: The Hawk and the Dove (Mass Market Paperback)
I was disgusted when I read this book. Most of it would have been okay if the "Sea God" hadn't raped Sabre. It was completely unforgivable, but of course she ends up in love with him. Sabre is not the kind of woman who would let a man get away with that or fall in love with him after raping her. She is too proud and self-respecting.

The Hawk and the Dove
The Hawk and the Dove by Virginia Henley (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan. 1988)