4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Leonard has done it again!, 8 Oct 1997
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
Loved the dialogue, loved the characters, loved the plot. I could taste the sour mash that oozed from the stills in this unabashingly witty novel.Son Martin is another in a long line of Leonard characters that are unforgettable. The little creep, Duel was contemptible and I cheered when he met his demise. The two women characters were stereotypical, but amusing.The Doctor was a nasty villain and the prohibition man was a perfect counterpoint between the Doctor and Son, our hero. I am hooked on Leonard. Looking forward to his next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Cold Mountain, 8 Feb 1999
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
I actually didn't read thisbook but listened to it on tape from thelocal library. Son Martin is my new hero.The narrarator for this taped book is Mark Hammer. Hammer has a perfect drawl for the characters I just don't think listeners should plan on getting anywhere fast while listening to this book. The book and narrator caused me to drive real slow but that's okay neede to find out if Son saves his Dad's whsiket.
I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 12 Mar 1999
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
This is my first Leonard book and I have to say I was astounded. I have read a lot in the past and never before had I unwittingly invested so much emotion into a piece of art. In the course of the last few chapters, I found myself yelling obscenities, crying tears of joy, and laughing my head off. He is more than just a crime writer. He is a genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story about the Prohibition era - Highly recommended, 19 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book! It was so good, I couldn't put it down and finished it within 24 hours. The ending surprised me....I had another ending in mind. Don't get me wrong ...it was a good ending...it just surprised me. Happy Reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars So yeah. Prohibition., 5 Feb 1999
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
Great villains, good characters. Highly entertaining, and then it ends extremely abruptly. Not that that's bad. Just be warned. Now go read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars the Whiskey is good, in this Leonard Western!, 11 Sep 1998
This review is from: The Moonshine War (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is a typical western stand off with twists, Leonards characters are on point as ususal

The Moonshine War
The Moonshine War by Elmore Leonard (Mass Market Paperback - 31 May 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01