‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for any horse lover!!!, 14 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
This is a great book for anyone who has an interest in horses. I was unable to put the book down the minute I bought it!!!
It's all about Amy Fleming who lives at Heartland, heals horses, with her mum and grandpa. Amy and her mum go out to rescue an abandoned horse. On the way back, there is a bad storm and they have an accident. Amy has to try and cope with Heartland and her life without the most important person there to help!
I was crying the whole way through the book! It's really sad!!! When I had read it, I went and bought the 2nd in the series, it was that good! I'm now on the 4th!!!
BUY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, 26 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
I loved this book from the minute I opened it! I read it in one day, unable to put it down. It is not only about horses, which I love, but it's about life aswell.
15-year-old Amy Fleming lives in a horse farm where broken hearts are healed.She lives with her mom and grandpa until one terrible accident...
This book had me in tears but I enjoyed every word of it. I rushed to get the second book 'After the Storm' which was just as thrilling and exciting. I have now read the whole series and I have never enjoyed a book so much. So read 'Coming Home' and have a pack of tissues at the ready!

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR ALL HORSE LOVERS!, 13 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
This book is great! It's all about Amy Fleming, a girl who lives at Heartland, a horse rescue center. Amy is rescuing a horse with her mother when there is a storm and her mother dies... The horse, Spartan, comes to Heartland, traumatized. Amy doubts she can cure him, when he is so aggressive towards her. But mabye she's the only one who can...
A great read, I love the way the story is written, and the explanation of the join-up technique, to create a bond between horse and human.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC READ AND IT MADE ME CRY A LOT!!!!, 29 July 2001
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
i enjoyed this book from start 2 finish and i had neva heard of 'heartland' books before until i won a Pony Club poetry competition and i won a selection of books including this one. it was a very good story as it included the stresses and happiness and both horse and family life! If u don't cry when u read this book it can't b the rite one 4 u!! i cried!! for the mum, the horse AND the girl herself!! sooo brilliant that it'll make me buy the whole series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Moving Story!, 5 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
This story is about Amy who lives at heartland a place for rescue horses. She lives with her mom until there is an acident and her mom dies. Amy is so distraught she wont go near the horses for days.......
Only when the horse that her mom was on her way to save when she died comes to Heartland Amy has to help him but she just doesnt know if she can.......
Read the book to find out what happens and you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review of Heartland, 29 Jan. 2008
EGSalisbury (Buckingham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
Heartland is a story a young girl called Amy,who lives with her mum in the hills of Virginia at a horse sanctuary.Amy and her mum care for scared or badly behaved horses that have to learn to gain human trust again.But then one day her mum is lost in a tragic accident and Amy is only left with what her mum has taught her to help all the horses that are relying on her.

Heartland is a moving,thought-provoking book that helps people to understand that horses need looking after even though they can't talk and if you help them then they can help you as well.The book also shows how important familes are and even though sometimes you fall out with people in your family and you don't like them underneath you love them and you need them to look after you and they will always be there for you whenever you need them.

This book is amied at readers aged 9 to 13,because it is quite hard to understand some bits,but even so its a very enjoyable book.

Emily Salisbury

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
I loved this book. I read it in one day!! It's got loads about horses in it which I loved because I've got a horse but it's also got lots about life. Amy's mum is a horse whisperer and the book is about how Amy carries on her work. I can't wait to read the rest of the series and find out what happens to Sugarfoot and also to see if Amy and Ty start to go out - I bet they do!! Read this book - it's GREAT!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 2 Dec. 2000
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
Iloved this book but I felt really sorry for Amy when her mum died rescuing a horse in distress.I would recomend this book for everyone, if you are a very soppy person don't read it you'll only cry. I could'nt believe the author made one of the main carecters get killed. The book is quite short due to the fact that almost half the book is a preview of another 1 of the authors books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool!, 22 Dec. 2000
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
This book is the best! It is sad but it makes you keep on reading. Amy the heroine is really cool and I love the bits where she is treating the horses and helping them get better. I think anyone who loves horses will love this book. It made me cry but I can't wait to read the other books in the series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!!, 1 Dec. 2006
Claire Mill "Cem" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coming Home (Heartland 1) (Paperback)
I have now read all the books in the Heartland series and I adore them all. This is the first in the series and I was hooked from the first page (I read it in about 3 hours). It is a very sad book in places and did have me in tears on occasion but its worth it!

The book deals with the sensitive subject of death of a loved one and handles it very well, I think. It has well rounded characters and doesn't try to give the readers too much information at once but still manages to explain everything pretty well. I really believed Amy's character and her reactions to everything.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes horses, you won't be disappointed with this book. And once you've read it, go read the rest!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Coming Home (Heartland 1)
Coming Home (Heartland 1) by Lauren Brooke (Paperback - 15 Sept. 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01