5.0 out of 5 stars Full of feeling and truth
I thought this was an extremely good book. If Alice was a real person it must have been traumatizing and scary as she was only 13? London was very unlucky in 1665! I found that I couldn't get into it at first but as the pages went on it got alot better. This book is good for 9-14 year olds. I'm only 11 and I loved it.
Published on 7 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
I chose three star because this is a great book, but not what I had hoped for. I brought this book because I am studying the plague at the moment and thought that this would be really interesting. However it didn't have nearly as much detail on the plague as I would have liked and was a tiny bit boring. Also, it rarely had anything interesting, and it was a bit annoying...
Published 15 months ago by Mrs. S. E. Brenton

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!!!!!, 16 Jun. 2014
This book really brought me in from the beginning. My favourite part of history is plague and this is my favourite author. This is a really good book so buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The great plague-a london girls diary 1665-1666, 13 April 2013
Bought as a Easter present and has been read by the receiver more than once already. The book gives a good insight into the world at that time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't realise that this was a children's book when I ..., 20 Feb. 2015
Didn't realise that this was a children's book when I bought it, the description of book on site could do with some clarification in the future

4.0 out of 5 stars the great plague, 24 April 2014
was intresting & imformative i read mostly historical writings...of all era"s ....if you like history you will enjoy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars The great plague, 5 Jan. 2013
I chose this rating because it was interesting realistic and I put 5 stars because it was sad but in the end it turned out fine

3.0 out of 5 stars good insight for younger readers, 15 Dec. 2010
Kirsty at the Overflowing Library (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

I teach high school history and find it hard at times to find good, accurate historical novels for a younger audience and I am now pleased to say I have found a whole series of them.

What I liked about this book is that it was very accessible for younger readers and I liked the diary style of it. I liked that it was written by a person of a sim...moreI'm going to be honest - this isn't a book I would have gone out and bought as it isn't Young Adult but I am really glad I received it.

What I liked about this book is that it was very accessible for younger readers and I liked the diary style of it. I liked that it was written by a person of a similiar age of the intended audience. I liked that it really gave a feel of the time period and looked in depth at the social impact of the plague and great fire of london on Britain. Definately a series I will be looking to get more of for school and recommending my students read

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 2 Feb. 2013
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK FOR AGES 9-15 IT WAS A AMAZING BOOK YOU REALLY CONNECT WITH The
Characters amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Plague, 18 Dec. 2013
Great book though sad I liked it but some bits I did not get still a cracking read recommended to a history fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely interesting book, 27 April 2013
i purchased for my son to read more. he finds history really interesting so he has read a lot of these books

3.0 out of 5 stars seems ok, 6 May 2015
S. Taylorson "stoobydoo294" (Trimdon UK) - See all my reviews
Good historical narrative not sure whether its fictional or fantasy

The Great Plague: The Diary of Alice Paynton, London 1665 - 1666 (My Story)
Used & New from: £0.01