5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff
A fantastic book.

My only warning is that you will hear the words "we could do this one" time after time after time!

It makes science really easy to understand and holds the interest well.

Published on 1 May 2006 by young man

2.0 out of 5 stars My nephew did not like it
I bought this book for my nephew. I thought he would love it as he is into rotten experiments. The smelliest the better. But this book is more a reading book that an guide for experiments. He did not like it, read it or use it. I was disappointed. Luckily is was cheap to buy.
Published 4 months ago by Sonia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 1 May 2006
young man (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A fantastic book.

It makes science really easy to understand and holds the interest well.

The cartoon style drawings are great and really appeal to the reader. This is great as the age range of this book is normally when pictures are starting to disappear from their everyday reading books and so many children really miss them.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Really Rotten Experiments is simply oozing with info.', 12 Mar 2007
This review is from: Really Rotten Experiments (Horrible Science) (Paperback)
If you have read the regular 'Horrible Science' series of books, you will be aware of the way in which NICK ARNOLD puts knowledge across, in a humorous way. This book is no exception.

Large paperback format - the colourful, humorous cover opens to 100 pages, split over 8 chapters:-

Introduction
A visit to Rotten Road....and a warning!
Bloody body experiments
Baffling brain experiments
Wicked wildlife experiments
Crazy chemistry experiments
Foul physics experiments
Fearsome finale

with black and white illustrations/cartoons/'bet you never knew' boxes throughout.

'This Horrible Science book is bulging with 'rotten' experiments.
'Really rotten' experiments.
The sort of experiments that you should only try if you want to stagger a scientist or torture a teacher.
Experiments that offer awesome answers to strange scientific secrets such as:-

How can water walk?
What goes on in your stomach and why?
How big does your bladder get?
How can lizards walk up walls?
And what happens when you put a teacher in the deep-freeze for a very long time?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, 29 Nov 2003
This review is from: Really Rotten Experiments (Horrible Science) (Paperback)
Just for start this book is in a full-size edition.It haves a lot of experiments,with the topics:"Bloody Body Experiments","Baffling Brain Experiments","Wicked Wildlife Experiments","Crazy Chemistry Experiments" and "Foul Physics Experiments".Some of the experiments are:How to do a green slime,how to do a sick stomach,how to do a 3-d monster,how to do a fizzy drink from blowing up and how to do a flour volcano and a lot more really rotten experiments!Plus you know the 3 most stupid experiments from the history,who won the Nobel prize for create pong-free underpants and how it works,and meet a flying frog.
And for do the experiments you meet the school guys from the Rotten Road School.In another words:this book is really cool!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars My nephew did not like it, 28 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars I want to be a scientist, 17 Dec 2013
I was worried that my 8 year old wouldn't be able to follow the instructions but I needn't have worried. The book has small print but loads of pictures and is easy to follow. He has got this for Christmas and I know he will want to do all the experiments. I would imagine, for a younger child it would be harder for them to do. Really happy with the book and I know my little boy will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 16 Dec 2013
Full of fantastic fun experiments for kids and adults to enjoy together. Perfect gift for Christmas. I highly recommend this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 28 May 2013
I was expecting colour pictures, and the layout of the book was very jumbled. My little girl has paid it very little attention !

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible science book, 18 Feb 2013
Arjay (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
Loved by children. A bit different from what I used to read as a child. But Hey Ho things move on.

Really Rotten Experiments (Horrible Science)
Really Rotten Experiments (Horrible Science) by Nick Arnold (Paperback - 14 Nov 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01