5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing trilogy about teenage love, 12 July 2005
This review is from: In the Deep End (Kate Cann Trilogy) (Paperback)
As i said in my review of 'diving in' i literrally couldn't put these 3 books down and read all 3 in 2 days. And this, the second installment in the trilogy, was the best of the three. After reading 'diving in' i was dying to know what was goin to happen to them, (i know i know, they're not real. but still)
Coll has forgiven Art for pressuring her and assuming she'd sleep with him and they are back togethor. Soon she feels she's ready to go all the way, and they sleep togethor, and its the start of an intense and passionate realationship as her feelings for him grow stronger and stronger. But is Coll prepared for the emotional journey that comes with sex, and love? she also see's just how much Art's background (and father) have messed him up inside and wonders if he will ever open up, admit his feelings and let her in. And will everything else thats going on around them, with their parents, friends and school, put pressure on their realationship?
This is emotionally stunning writing, especially when coll decides to go see Art in the last few chapters, and gives him her true feelings, (trying not to give too much away). By the end of that chapter i was in tears (and i hardly ever cry at books or films)
This is the most emotional of the three. The characters (especially Coll and Art) grow brilliantly, and become so real - they come to life. Coll's emotions and what she goes through felt so real, like i was feeling them with her. Her feelings for Art overpowered her. I would love to feel as much for a guy (and hopefully have it returned) as she does for Art. The passion and intensity. As if there is no one else she could ever want.
Kate cann is right when she say's you either love Art or hate him, despite his arrogance and cockyness, i loved him. And i felt for him. I felt that he really does feel a lot for coll, but his past has a big affect on how he shows his feelings, he cannot trust people, he can't let them get close, let them in.
A truly amazing read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read!, 1 April 1999
By A Customer
I bought Kate's first book, Diving In and enjoyed it greatly. When I saw that a 2ND book to follow it up- I sent away for it as soon as possible and read it all in one night. It is such a brilliant book. It shows how Art and Coll connect and their so-called love. I found this book the best out of the three. It shows how teenagers relationships are today. It can also guide you into the RIGHT directions which Coll did't take. I LOVED this book so much and I would suggest, infact tell everyone to go and buy it. But, if you are a guy you most likely wouldn't like it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kate Canntastic!, 11 Aug 2001
By A Customer
First of all we need to say, can we get a 'hell yeah!' The most slammin' book of the trilogy. With Arts masses of sex appeal & emotional boundaries we understand where Coll is coming from. Kate's writing skills enable u to open your mind as her wording is so vivid, its enough to get any imagination going!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 July 2001
By A Customer
In the Deep End is yet another excellent book by Kate Cann.Like Diving In it is at times funny,emotional and very sad.It's a lot more deep this time,as is Coll and Art's relationship.You WON'T be able to put it down.If you've read Diving In you absolutely HAVE to read this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a fantastic follow-up to 'Diving In', 26 Mar 2000
By A Customer
If you thought 'Diving In' was addictive, you'll LOVE 'In The Deep End.' Once you pick it up, you can't put it down until you've read the whole book! The story of Coll and Art is so compelling and emotional- it's a stunning piece of writing. It explores all of the emotions in a relationship in a realistic way, and I would recommend this book to all teenage girls. Anyone who dismisses this as a wishy-washy romance is seriously mistaken, because this book is powerful from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars too good., 3 Aug 2004
this book had changed my life. i first read it when it first came out and fell in love with it. i've read all 3 books so many times i've lost count. but this book, seriusly has changed my out-look on life. i'd love to find someone who i fall for like Coll does for Art. the way Kate Cann described everything made me want read it all over again. and i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something every teenage girl can relate to, 15 Aug 2006
sassysara "Sara" (Bucks, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Deep End (Kate Cann Trilogy) (Paperback)
When I read this book, I could relate to all the emotions that Coll was going through. Not alot of authors can portray a teenagers life and all the strange emotions that we go through but I thought this book managed to do all of that! I can not wait to read the rest of the books in this trilogy, I know they will be amazing! I also recommmend Kate Cann's other books, especially footloose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kate Cann & In The Deep End- a literal genius, 23 Dec 2003
After reading Diving In, I was in suspense; Kate Cann made Art and Coll's relationship seem so real, so easy to relate to. From the moment I opened In At The Deep End, I was in awe of the incredible way she portrayed the raw, intense feelings and passions of the relationship. Coll was put in the same situation as so many young women and Kate Cann approached the subject of sex with sensitivity and care. Her way with words would no doubt be a comfort to anybody in the same boat as Coll. I have read many Kate Cann books but felt this one was by far her best; she handled the description of Coll and Art's sexual relations with style, avoiding the somewhat standard explicit descriptions of sex. Kate Cann deserves the recognition she gets for her work; she is my inspiration and after reading In At The Deep End, I was truly moved.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this book was brilliant, 8 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I bought this book as soon as it came on the shelves because I had already read Diving In and I wanted to know what would happen to Art and Coll. The book was brilliant and really showed what Coll was feeling. Go Out and buy it right away!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars yes there is a third!, 18 Dec 2000
By A Customer
just to reply to the last email - there is a third, it's called SINK OR SWIM - it's brilliant and it's all about what happens to Coll when Art comes back home again ....

In the Deep End (Kate Cann Trilogy)
In the Deep End (Kate Cann Trilogy) by Kate Cann (Paperback - 17 Jun 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01