Top positive review
5 people found this helpful
'The Terrible Tudors gives you all the grizzly details of Tudor life for everyone..
on 21 March 2007
...from cruel kings and queens to poor peasants and common criminals.
Want to know:
* some terrible Tudor swear words?
* about terrible Tudor torture?
* why Henry VIII thought he'd married a horse?
Read on to find some foul facts, some horrendous beheadings, a mysterious murder, some curious quizzes and gruesome games.
History has never been so horrible!'
A witty, colourful cover opens to 135 pages, split over chapters:
1. The terrible Tudors
2. Terrible Tudor Times
3. Terrible Tudor life and death
4. Terrible Tudor schools
5. Tudor crime...and terrible punishments
6. Terrible Shakespeare
7. Terrible Tudor mystery
8. Terrible Tudor kings and queens
9. Terrible Tudor witches
10. Terrible Tudor food
11. Terrible Tudor fun and games
12. Terrible Tudor sailors
13. Terrible Tudor clothes
14. Terrible Tudor life for women
with an introduction and an epilogue.
Written with the typical Deary humour, aided by Neil Tonge, ~ in a variety of type styles, with superb illustrations throughout, from Martin Brown.
Find out more in Even More Terrible Tudors!