5.0 out of 5 stars Education that grabs interest
We bought the magazine version because my daughter was studying the Tudors in school. We kept up with the collection of magazines and tried some of the books. She loves them. Her interest in history is growing and she has learned to move away from just the horrible bits and into a more complete picture. These books are a gem for that. Anything that can get a 7 year...
Published on 24 April 2003 by Jeff Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Vile is always a winner
Published on 1 May 2012 by Mrs. C. Chandler

3.0 out of 5 stars Vile is always a winner, 1 May 2012
I bought this for my daughter but I'm the one that's taken the most interest in it. Having a particular interest in history I love reading about all the vile and vulgar stuff that went on. Although I suppose it is only considered vile now. In a few hundred years time we will have "The Nasty Noughties" I expect. I wonder what we do now that people of the future will think abhorrent? Any how.... Always a winner in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 Jun. 2013
Lots of very useful information for teaching the Victorians to my class of KS2 children. It is a bit too advanced for my bunch of lovelies, but useful for me to learn facts and read sections to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars vile victorians, 11 May 2012
This book was full of interesting facts, and it was great fun to read.

Another book in the series of horrible history which was entertaining and informative

Great read !!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, 5 May 2012
My Grandaughter is learning about the Victorians at school and found this book very useful. She also watches the fantastic Horrible History programmes, this book is written in the same format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 16 April 2012
As big fans of Horrible Histories, both my pre teen daughters love this CD. I always find it being played on their CD players and often have to switch it off when I check on them at bedtime

2.0 out of 5 stars Vile Victorians, 1 Sept. 2013
I chose this rating because this book ,although very good and factual, could have been a bit longer. I have read longer Horrible Histories and I would like this one to be a bit longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read it!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: The Vile Victorians (Horrible Histories) (Paperback)
I bought it by occation, not intentionally. I'm an adult totaly, but this book is not only for kids, for everyone who has a sense of humor and wants to have good time in spare time.

5.0 out of 5 stars read my review, 2 April 2012
this book is brilliant.it is really good because it Encourages youngsters to read more so buy this.as well buy a kindle because books like this are only ninety nine pence

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Histories wins again, 6 Feb. 2014
My 9 year old boy is not a quick reader but he wolfs the Horrible Histories down time and again. This was no exception. a great, funny, quirky and very informative read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vile ! More like the hilarious victorians ., 13 Aug. 2014
I chose this book because I am going to learn about them in year 6. Great comic strips in this book . I would recommend this to any one learning about the Victorians

The Vile Victorians (Horrible Histories)
The Vile Victorians (Horrible Histories) by Terry Deary (Paperback - 7 May 2007)