Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 28 July 2008
This book was very interesting as it told me so much about life at the Austrian and French Court, and also Marie Antoinette, making you understand how she felt at certain times such as having to leave Austria at just 14! Marie Antoinette: Princess of versailles was an excellent read and I highly reccomend it to anyone from 9 to 13. by Alexandra ingrey, age 11.
on 27 September 2001
This book, was, there's no other way to say it: Excellent. It was absoulutly brilliant and I loved every minute of it. If you do read it I think you will enjoy it as it is great for all ages. especially children in year 8 (Year before boys start secondary school) as they have just done the French Revolution and therefor know lots about Marie Antoinette but this book shows her from a completely different point of view, Not just as the wife of an evil king. But as a real person.
on 30 December 2008
this book potrtays, marie antoinettes childhood, slightly before she goes off to marry the dauphin of france and slightly after that.
In my view this was a very good book, at first I thought marie a little bit vain, but as the story went own, I forgot that notion.
so on my scales this cook is five stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2000
I have always enjoyed history and when I saw this book in a school magazine I bought it at once. I had already read the Elizabeth Tudor one and i thought that was good. I really think that anybody having trouble with history should buy this book. I read it non stop from start to finish and closed the book at the end of the same day I opened it. This is an enjoyable history lesson for all ages.