5.0 out of 5 stars It's so helpful
Published 8 months ago by Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but better is available
As a new IB teacher I looked at Weems (IBID) and Damon (Pearson) biology texts. Weems is black, green and whilte - including all text and pictures; Damon (this one) is in color. Duh ... this is the obvious choice! Same content, but in color, organized by assessment statements, etc.

But ... once I checked out Clegg's text (for the previous syllabus), I...
Published on 13 Sep 2010 by J. Reimer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but better is available, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Pearson Baccalaureate: Higher Level Biology for the IB Diploma (Pearson International Baccalaureate Diploma: International Editions) (Paperback)

But ... once I checked out Clegg's text (for the previous syllabus), I realized Clegg is the book to read. Choosing? Go Clegg! As a minimum look at a hard copy of Clegg while choosing and judge for yourself. The product stands on its own merits! So what if it is sequenced for the previous syllabus (and is lacking stats chapter). It is the best by far. Clegg is written by a clear, knowledgable author who knows how to teach: in person (by second hand testimony shared with me), and in text! The syllabus discrepancy is insignificant and not work using a "later" author.

Check it out? Judge for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so helpful, 20 April 2014
My school provide this textbook to us and it's sooo much better than the previous one we had, it goes into a lot more detail and fulfils the syllabus so I know all the relevant information. It covers both the SL and HL sections well and I enjoy the little bits of advice and examiner tips added on the side of the pages. The diagrams are also quite clear as well, the only thing I think this textbook can improve on is providing a glossary at the back so that definitions can be searched up quickly without having to look through the pages which can take some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book!, 8 Dec 2010
I find this book very helpfull for my revision as it covers all the basic and additional facts that make it possible to achieve a higher grade at Biology Higher level. Initially I found it a little difficult to understand when I first got the book as its arranged differently to the books I had at pre IB but it didnt take long until I actually rated it higher than the biology text books that my school provided for me! It's colourfull and the chapters are ordered in a way that makes it easy to skim to the subject area that you need to read about. If I struggle to understand some areas of the text the images make it easier! In most areas the book is easy to understand but there are times when it is a little confusing and I would have appreciated a bit more explanation, but there are small text boxes that summarise the main facts and things that you need to know and overall I think it's really well written and by far one of the best biology text books for higher level out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Oct 2014
Excellent textbook for use with the IB Higher Level Biology, especially the diagrams are very helpful