Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 October 2010
This is the best revision guide for this course because it published in conjunction with the exam board so has the exact definitions and methods that they require for the marks. Also this particular book is the best priced one that I found on the internet. Previously I had the CGP revision guide but I found it too vague; if you're doing OCR Physics, this is the guide that I'd recommend for you.
on 15 June 2011
Compliments the textbook very well, and having just done the AS exams it was exactly what I needed. I purchases the CGP version as well, and would say this one is better. At some point it isn't as detailed as the CGP guide or the textbook which is a slight worry, but for ease of use and the speed at which this allowed me to go through the material in the couple of days I used it to revise it was brilliant.
I would recommend it above the CGP if you could only get one, but getting both may be a good idea.
on 7 July 2011
It helped me alot considering i only had 2 days left till my unit 1 retake, it has everything you need for the exam.
on 9 April 2014
This is a revision guide so it is very brief on all topics with only the basics and not always all the information that is needed. A good starting point for revision though, every chapter is included with some useful general information at the beginning of the book.
on 28 January 2012
Compact, easy to understand, however sometimes it lacks extra information like small details which are asked in exams today. Despite that, summarizes what is in the student textbook quite well and helps understand physics better.
on 19 June 2014
Fantastic guide for AS physics students! Accompanies the main text book really well with lots of useful recaps and exam style questions. Good value for money, found this book more helpful than any other.
on 20 December 2012
Simply an amazing book, cover all you need to know and includes examiners tips which is very useful and end of chapter question, lastly shows what spec points it is coverings a page
on 20 March 2013
I brought this for my G482 paper after doing the G481 paper and not feeling confident at all and in need of extra help! I already the CGP revision guide at the recommendation of my teacher but I brought this one as it seemed to do great in reviews but I do kind of regret it. It's ok as a last resort to textbooks and the CGP guide because it tends to go into a brilliant amount of detail for easier parts and then the more difficult parts or complicated parts it tends to stay quite vague (such as emf and pd -- it barely explains the difference between them!) which is unfortunate. However, I like it when I'm just not getting my CGP or my textbook or anything.

Also, some class mates and I did some of the questions as revision and found that actually quite a few of the answers were wrong when we asked about them! So if you do buy it, watch out for that (maybe it will help build confidence?)

However I actually like having one of my own books that isn't coloured because I'm one of those people that benefit from highlighting things and colour coordinating which isn't possible in books like CGP (although I enjoy the style of that one, it's much friendlier).

Overall, it's ok and good as a back up but be careful with it. I think, to be honest, I've just found that revision guides seem to be great for GCSE because it's so memory based but they just aren't as helpful at A-Level no matter which you buy (that might just be me, I find it in all my subjects though). The only reason I'd buy them now is for question practice (I really can't find a workbook for physics A-Level standard that's appropriate so I'm just buying revision guides for the questions now! :-( ).
on 6 March 2015
my students liked it more than I did, but it certainly seemed to help motivate ones who were becoming a bit disheartened
on 4 July 2014
Fantastic, a must for any physics student though I would couple it with the CGP book as it has better explaining.