5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I only give 5 stars when a textbook serves you the A grade on the plate (or at least with all the means to reach it), this is one.
Published on 20 July 2011 by Joseph O.

3.0 out of 5 stars tricky
after doing no academnic maths for four years, i have just started attempting to teach myself. i have found this book is missing a big chunk of what you need to learn, to answer a good handful of the questions provided
i feel a bit like a blind man with a big explanation of english text in front of me, and the braille translation is missing letters and words here and...
Published 18 months ago by tomnomnom

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 1 (Paperback)
I can guarantee you that if you do every single question right you will not score below 90% in the exam. You may not get 100% even if you answer all the questions because you most likely dropped method marks, it happened to me and I scored 92%. Edexcel is known to be the easiest board to score an A in maths and this is also due to the excellent material they supply you with.
The book also contains a CD with questions walked through to the answers. On the other hand the textbook prepares you to each topic with "examples" on how to answer the new questions. Usually these examples use questions which are fairly easy to understand. The scope is for you to struggle when you get to the actual questions so that you keep stimulating your mind until you get it. Once you do understand it then you know that things look bright.
Past papers are not difficult at all once you have covered all the questions in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 23 July 2014
I am a maths graduate, and a maths teacher, and I bought this book as I remember my school using it for my A levels and I wanted to brush up on my A level Knowledge. It is a fantastic book that is so easy to use and they make the maths so easy to understand. It has examples that teach you the methods and theories, plus questions for you to try with the answers in the back. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, The Best. You do not need more than this, 25 Aug 2010
Mr. Hm Bennett "howardbennett3" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am a teacher of another subject who wanted to teach Maths and came to these as the standard text.

Some have criticised the graphical layout; I'm actually 48 and I find it really lovely and a REALLY BIG HELP in following the text. In my opinion, the use of colour and layout are imaginative, to the point and a complete positive.

It wouldn't be, if the content wasn't so good; this is light-years ahead of the irrelevant, stuffy books we had when I did my A Level #^* years ago - the authors focus very clearly on the syllabus - not surprising considering who they are. There is everything you need to teach yourself here.

Living in the real world as I do, I can say that there's more than enough to save you from a bad teacher which may be a CRITICAL difference to you.

The CD includes a Solution Bank - this shows 1) Every Question in the Book 2) A Hint for each queston to get you started in answering it 3) A Worked Example of how to do each question. All together, this is an invaluable resource.

You may find that it doesn't work on your browser - it was designed for an earlier version of Internet Explorer and doesn't work on later versions of any browser. If you want to use Solution Bank, install Firefox, visit 'Youtube' and type 'Solution Bank Firefox' into the search box. You'll get very easy instructions on how to get it to work (you have to change one number in one place - not hard).

This was the easiest way to get it to work that I found.

Absolutely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars nifty little book!, 29 Oct 2013
Michael Nguyen "- Mike" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It's a great book that will be essential for your maths course, don't forget to also pickup the C2 book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars C1, 14 July 2014
Just the book you need to get over 90 UMS in the exam, and 100 UMS for those looking to go the extra mile. Laid out brilliantly with mildly good explanations, Can get go wrong when coupled with past papers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
The best possible text book to study and revise for as exams

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Does what it says on the tin...

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked it, 26 May 2014
IT was a cool book to study. Almost have every thing. Do the past papers along with studying from this book and I'll get A

5.0 out of 5 stars Best maths book for edexcel, 7 Dec 2013
This is truly the best book for Edexcel Maths. It is very well explained and easy to understand, I used it while self studying in one year only all of my Core Maths (so also used the book c2 c3 and c4) and I achieved an A . It also has lots of exercises ranging from easy to hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first book for the AS!, 8 Nov 2013
Hassan Z (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Its a great book for the course and well, is contains the whole syllabus. But, in general its great! Also, good luck with your A-Level!! Also, make sure you buy the other two that you need for the AS.

Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 1
Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 1 by Mr Dave Wilkins (Paperback - 13 May 2008)