5.0 out of 5 stars For A-level Maths textbooks, look no further

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Faisal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars For A-level Maths textbooks, look no further, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 4 (Paperback)
I took A-level maths fifteen years ago and have now repeated the course as a mature student. This series proved an excellent resource to self-teach, leaving me able to answer all past paper questions and tackle the actual exams with total confidence. The accompanying CD's, which have worked through answers to all the questions, are an invaluable addition. There are the very occasional wrong answers printed in the textbook although these can be easily identified through the workings.

Whilst I did use other books for some modules, I found that they offered very little, if anything, over this series in terms of the A-level course. What this series does not do is stray from the A-level syllabus, and consequently the context of questions could prove somewhat limited for those seeking a more comprehensive understanding of pre-university maths. However, the absolute focus on the syllabus is ideal for those seeking no more than to pass A-level exams.

I found the high standard of the material to be consistent throughout the books for C1 to C4 plus M1 and M2.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, 23 Feb 2012
Plenty of questions and review exercises. One thing this book may be lacking to some extent is examples, there are some just in my opinion not enough. Also the biggest negative is that the solution bank on the CD works exclusively with ancient versions of internet explorer and when I contacted the publishers they were no help. Aside from these I think the book does its job of providing practice to questions, you just have to put in the hours!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, comprehensive book, 22 Mar 2011
This book covers all the salient points of C4, and gives enough worked examples to show the methods described in action. The examples are quite clear, and concise, though perhaps a little more explanation would help students. As a tutor, I am fairly familiar with the concepts, and it is fairly easy to understand where the maths is coming from. Mostly, my stidents do, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov 2009
Joanne Hackett (Droitwich, England) - See all my reviews
Great books for my son. They all come with a CD that contains example papers & answers which is the most useful part.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Revision!, 12 Jan 2014
After taking core 4 the first time and getting a D, I decided to take a different revision approach. Using this book has helped me to revise key topics and I am now getting grade A's in my mock exams. I will definitely be looking into purchasing these books for other modules.

5.0 out of 5 stars All help is appreciated, 10 April 2014
Got good Dad points when I gave this to my daughter. Seriously, they seem to have to undertake much more independent learning activities than I remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
The best possible text book to study and revise for as level exams

5.0 out of 5 stars QUALITY, 13 Oct 2013
great quality, and the CD was there :D aha
recommend you to buy for sure especially if you have the old C4 book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Mar 2013
Perfect. Exactly what I was after, now how do I type more words into this review without running out. Done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 3 Mar 2013
Good and informative book which helped me through my a level maths course and helped me to pass my exams. The disc is also good if you get stuck on exercises as it shows methods to do the questions

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 4
Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics: Core Mathematics 4 by Keith Pledger (Paperback - 24 April 2009)
16.50