on 1 March 2009
Some of the answer's in the back of the book are wrong, so look out.
on 4 June 2012
I studied Maths about 22 years ago and I needed to study it again. Some answers at the back are wrong. For the advanced questions I would have like the author to give us a clue to solving it. That way you are not going about the solution the wrong way. I have so far not been able to answer 1 question out of 4 chapters. I am doing OK so far apart from this one question. I have enjoyed working through it to though and enjoying it.
on 7 January 2015
It arrived quicker than expected even when using the normal free delivery option. The book itself is a very good textbook though one should not purchase it if one plans to teach themselves all of the content. The book is more suited to be an aid to classroom based learning and it accomplished this very well.
on 20 January 2014
A very useful book in a pristine condition, my daughter was very impressed about it.It used it for daily maths lessons.
on 28 December 2013
A very good and helpful book easy to use, comes with a good guidance for A level students, God bless the author, Thanks
on 20 April 2015
This book is horrible, the author has made it complicated, also the answers at the back of the book are wrong mostly
on 13 September 2014
Just what I ordered. Some of the pages have been written on but for the price, I can't complain! A great purchase!
on 12 December 2009
This was the text book recommended to me by my college when I enrolled for Maths A-Levels. I bought the book and started the course after having 5 years away from education.

Whilst the text book covers all the necessary points needed to pass the AQA exam in varying grades of difficulty it also has a lot of errors. Had it not been for the fact that we worked through the book in class as a group as well as alone then none of the errors would have been noticed.

Despite the errors though it has no real detrimental effect on the text book as it still teaches all the relevant methods and techniques which are required. The only problem the errors cause are confusion and sometimes a little bit of frustration when you are sure you were right but the book says your wrong.

Its definitely worthwhile purchasing as it helped me to go from no knowledge of Statistics to passing my exam so definitely money worth spent.
on 26 April 2013
Does what it says on the tin! Useful reference book for the S1 module of A Level Maths. A good buy.
on 6 October 2013
It seems to go into a bit more detail than the Edexcel books on S1, but so far just right for job.