5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vital information and examples.
No, this book does not have lots of activities in it for teachers to fall back on, but that's why I like it and why I chose it for my department. It's got lots of excellent soources, exam question examples and exam question answers to study. It makes an excellent balance of making sure the content is covered without too much to baffle weaker students.

When we...
Published on 26 Feb. 2012 by Mr Adams

2.0 out of 5 stars Standard text book. Disappointing
Published on 19 Oct. 2011 by A. Shepherd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vital information and examples., 26 Feb. 2012
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)

When we chose the book, we didn't want one with lots of questions to put to students, rather I rely on my department to teach in an interesting manner without dull 'read this and answer the questions' which is prevalent amongst the worst history teachers.

I would love to be able to give a copy of it to all my students to take home and revise, but I have too many students and not enough money to be able to do this. I do encourage them to buy their own if they so wish.

If you're doing AQA GCSE History B, it's an excellent resource, it's a shame that these things are always so expensive though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessity, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
I bought this book for my AQA GCSE History course, and it was all I used in my revision for last summer's exam. I just simply went through each relevant chapter and made spider diagrams on each topic within each chapter and read over them a few times. Then I attempted the questions at the end of the chapters and also read the model answers.
The CD that comes with it is a bit useless but the book is excellent. I'm very glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
What can be said about a GCSE book. it is required for the prescibed course, Arrived okay but packaging a little flimsy when wet

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like new, 21 Oct. 2013
Z. Greaves - See all my reviews
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
This was in very good condition - as it should be for the price of a second hand book. Very happy

4.0 out of 5 stars it was ok not great, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
cd did not work the page was slightly ripped even though it was new and its the older version .

5.0 out of 5 stars Taught myself GCSE History before the exam, 9 July 2013
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
Goes over the A/A* topics, great book, a must have for GCSE History students. Topics are set out in a comprehensive and easy to understand manner and the CD is an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
A great book for students doing GCSE Level. Arrived next day and in perfect condition, as new. Would recommend to all students.

2.0 out of 5 stars Standard text book. Disappointing, 19 Oct. 2011
A. Shepherd (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
I bought this book because of the reputation of John D Clare as a well known GCSE History teacher. I was hoping there would be some interesting and thought provoking activities included - there are none. The 'ACtive Book' CD Rom simply gives an electronic format of the text book: The CD Rom which provides activities for the units costs more than 100 pounds. To be honest I feel cheated.

4.0 out of 5 stars must have, 30 April 2011
G. Hunte (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
my daughter needed this to help with her revision for her up and coming exams. its the same as the school use, and she was very pleased with, it did help her a great deal. this is a must have for history revision!a very imformative book and runs parellel with school teaching, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study book, 8 Dec. 2014
Mr. Stephen G. Grover "DG" (North London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book (Paperback)
Perfect for my sons studies

AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book
AQA GCSE History B: Modern World Student Book by et al (Paperback - 24 April 2009)