on 22 April 2011
Bought for course, has a CD in which can be put on MP3 player, book is so good you could teach yourself.
on 27 September 2011
Great shorthand book. Each unit is pretty clear and if you follow the instructions you should be picking up shorthand technique in no time.
on 2 May 2012
An absolute brilliant book to learn Shorthand! Looks daunting at start, considering I'm self learning from scratch, however you'll get the hand of it.
on 7 February 2012
This is really the Bhagavad Gita of textbooks. Nicely laid out with clear shorthand outlines, and even comes with a CD-ROM of dictation passages narrated in Ms. Cartwright's soothing maternal voice.

A steal at twice the price. Check your university library beforehand anyway.
on 15 February 2015
Had this book just a week and already able to write most English longhand words. It is set out in such a simple way that anyone could learn it.

I would suggest taking time with the theory (Part one), making sure you understand everything and leaving speed until you have completed and fully understood this section, then move on to Part two that focuses on speed development.

My only issue with this book is the lack of passages in Part two, it would have been nice to have double or triple the amount of passages in there, and to aid reading Teeline, the english could have been left off. But that's just me.

Some people have reported issues with the CD. I had some issues with the CD too and there are some tracks missing but they are from the 120 WPM section so I am not so worried.

Fact is, if you have to learn Teeline or like me you just want to, this book covers everything.
on 11 May 2013
I needed this book for University, and this was the cheapest place to get it, it even comes with a cd, so I was very impressed because I was worried it wouldn't be in there. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn shorthand because it is a very accessible tutorial.
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for my shorthand module at uni and it really helped me with my test. I used the theory for practising and the CD to develop my speed.
on 13 December 2013
Needed for my course, worthwhile purchase. Simple, easy to follow, concise and complete. Takes you from beginner to test standard just as promised.
on 1 November 2013
My daughter is learning this at Uni, and says it has helped her alot! It is hard to learn, but this has helped!
on 28 January 2013
You have to be really focused to succeed with this. Which is what I find hard but if you stick at it, it is a really helpful guide along the CD.
It is expensive but will help you with your shorthand so worth the investment. I found some of the writing very dry and boring though so this has hindered my study slightly. I will keep at it and so think it will help my shorthand.