5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I started Teeline last November in an evening class and our teacher uses this book to teach us. It's great to learn and I think I could have nearly managed without the teacher sometimes ... Every now and then a short form which we haven't learnt yet is thrown in a piece, which can be the only confusing bit for someone learning on their own.
I've also bought the...
Published on 16 Mar 2002 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Teeline Fast
Purchased this for my son who has just started a journalism course at university, unfortunately the first 12 pages of the book were missing and as i posted the book to him and then went on holiday for 2 weeks was too late to return it.
Published on 3 Nov 2011 by Mrs C

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Mar 2002
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
I've also bought the 'Teeline Word List' and the 'Teeline Word Groupings' which are essential once all the theory is learnt and help build up speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the first time teeline learner, 5 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
It guides you through how to write teeline step by step. It has small excercises after each theory to use what you just learnt. Great book for a teeline beginner. After practicing using this book, I could manage 50-60 words per minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Aug 2009
L. N. Wright (Islington, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
This is a great little book which helped me reach 120wpm. This is good in the initial stages but if you're looking to get to 70wpm and over then you may need something more comprehensive.

The translating exercises are good.

The size of this books is very small and thin so it's perfect to put in your bag and practice whenever you get some spare time or if you're commuting.

If you're learning teeline: don't give up! You can do it and it is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars T-line, 20 July 2009
D. Jackson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
What a book! T-line is not easy, but I was able to write and read after the first chapter. OK not brilliantly but practice makes perfect. The book is simple and constructive, inspiring and practical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Off to a great start, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
Just started and after a few hours of practice I am able to write the alphabet. I am looking forward to doing a little each day and seeing how I progress. Great book to start and you will need the other Teeline books to support your development ( word list and word groupings.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful introduction to Teeline, 3 Nov 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
I've always been fascinated when watching people who can take notes using shorthand and thought that for a self challenge I would have a go at learning it myself.

I bought both this and the Teeline Gold Workbook and I'm pleased to report that after many months of initial frustration and then 'ding, I understand it' I can manage around 90 words per minute with very few errors.

Teeline isn't the easiest thing in the world and if you are serious about learning it then it is probably worth going to a night class or something similar. However, if you don't mind taking your time and suffering from two steps forward, one back until you get the hang of it, then this book is definitely worth trying.

The book is small and very slim, less than a centimeter thick, so it is easy to keep in a handbag or jacket pocket for when you have a few spare minutes to practice.

The book introduces new concepts a bit at a time and gives you exercises where you can practice using them. It is worth repeating these exercises over and over again until the short forms become second nature.

What I really like about this book is that a complete novice such as myself can pick it up and with enough perseverance can learn to write shorthand to a fairly decent standard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
This is a great book for secretaries it helped me to understand the different signs so much when i was doing my training

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeline Fast by Ann Dix, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
Great book for newcomers!! I dont know why I didnt buy it sooner. Just what students need, the essential learning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want to learn something in a short period of time!, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
I am studying Teeline myself and it might be laborious but when I got this book, I was amazed at how quickly I picked it all up
and it has really helped me get better at reading back my own shorthand outlines!
Comes highly recommended and it is really easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to master your shorthand, that's the book, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Teeline Fast (Paperback)
If you are beginner in shorthand and you want to learn very fast the basics of this amazing language, this book should be your Bible. I highly recommend it any aspiring journalist or just a person who wants to add this skill to his portfolio.

Teeline Fast
Teeline Fast by Ms Ann Dix (Paperback - 8 Feb 1990)
16.20