on 13 June 2011
A useful book to enable a competent DIYer to start on some simpler and smaller plastering repairs. The book has rather too much HSE related boiler plate for DIY enthusiasts, but probably necessary for anyone taking NVQ's, which is the aim of the book, and at about £[] isn't cheap. However after watching some very good plasterers at work it showed that what I had learned from the book was correct so all I need now are years of practice and lots more plaster!
on 6 December 2011
I got this for my brother who is studying Plastering, and it helped him pass his exams first time. Can't go wrong there. His tutor even told him that if you were to read every section and take it in you would pass will full marks. I guess his course was centered around this book in particular.
on 22 January 2013
I used this book throughout my City & Guilds Level I and Level II Plastering courses. The book is very easy to use and informative. Unfortunately was not able to keep book so therefore I purchased by own as so pleased with it!
on 16 December 2012
Found this volume after much searching and it has proved to be a terrific course introduction and prep read......if your'e learning the plastering trade this is really useful
on 18 January 2016
I brought this book towards the end of my level 2 study in college while studying plastering. The information in the book pins down the knowledge you have been taught so you can easily go back to reference this book. This book has helped me immensely (and for this reason would recommend the book for anyone in a similar position as essential) to start self employment as a sole trader, primarily referencing the book before jobs and after jobs to make sure I can carry out the best possible work and making the most of all the skills taught in college.
on 9 January 2013
bought it for my son in law who says it is the best explanatory book there is on the subject
on 21 April 2013
Very good book for plastering apprentaships. NOT DIY!!! If you are doing a college course or apprentaship this is a very handy book to have. I am a plasterer myself and had this whilest going though my apprentaship but you will always learn better on site with experenced plasters!!
on 14 February 2010
This is an easy to understand publication and a great help with the practical side of plastering.
Full Marks.
on 27 September 2013
I have owned a copy for some time now. As a plasterer by trade I can commend the text to new students. Others may need work setups to follow the text.
on 29 April 2013
after getting this book for him he passed his level 1 first go with distinction and is now onto his level 2