on 11 June 2009
After sitting the AS Edexcel GCE History Exam Paper for Britain and Ireland 1867- 1922,

I am some what dissaponted with the content of this book. It certainly contributed to a foundation understanding of the unit however it did not encourage a higher level of thinking. Therefore, If I just used this book on its own; I would definatley be looking at a Grade D/C for History and nothing more because as I said; this is a foundation-level book.

However, It did contribute to an expansion of present knowledge. As an overall I give this book a rating of only 3 Stars..

For 5 stars, I suggest that this book is re-published and edited in a way which would motivate the reader to reach a higher level of evaluation and understanding in Source Study.

DO NOT RELY OF THIS BOOK ON ITS OWN TO DELIVER THE UNIT !! EXTRA RESEARCH AND RESOURCES IS DEFINATLEY REQUIRED !!
on 2 February 2016
Very good thorough information very geared to the exam as titled. Unusual to see Irish history written for people who have not lived in Ireland where many of the definitions would be second nature to the students.
on 13 December 2013
Although my son is not covering this period in Ireland for AS Level. He was interested to see the British perspective on the Irish civil war.
on 14 August 2011
As title really.

It has the basic information there, but it's really only in a nutshell compared to the information needed to get a top A-level grades.

I did CCEA which didn't have their text book out until the year after my exam, so I bought this. I only needed 1900-22 so only used half of it. But from that half I could tell straight away I needed much more than this book.
on 26 October 2015
Bought for my daughter to go to uni
on 12 May 2015
Very helpful for as history exams
on 12 February 2014
The book itself is good, but it's for my A Level History course so not something I would read otherwise