on 26 April 2009
This is just what I needed!

Everything you need to know is in here - there's no need to panic about not fufilling the syllabus requirements at all. This book is perfect. There is a wonderful balance of information, source analysis, key topic debates and a wealth of practise and example questions.

If you are taking an AS Level in Edexcel History for Henry VIII and need a textbook that will suitably prepare you for the exam then this is the one for you. I used this publication in conjunction with a variety of other textbooks, but I've found that all the possible arguments and relevant pieces of information are in here, and are presented in a more accessible and 'student-friendly' way.

This book will give you a great deal of confidence and assure you that you can do well in the exam room - all I need to do now is stop typing this review and go and do some revision and I should be getting my A!
on 16 October 2010
I was recommended to buy this book for my AS history course and I've been really pleased with it! It goes into lots of detail but is laid out clearly so it is easy to scan through for relevant information quickly.
The Henry VIII paper is a source paper and this book is filled with relevant sources so it is easy to practice for the exam. Everything is laid out in clear sections and it has extra information at the sides of the pages about important figures in history. It also has questions to stretch and test your knowledge.
I would highly recommend it to anyone studying A level history!!!
on 23 December 2011
Use this book for my History A level, good book, lots of confusing words in it though! But with a dictionary be fine!
on 20 May 2014
There are a few mistakes and inconsistencies that I've noticed in this book.
Also some things are very vague and not covered in much detail (eg. Cromwell's injunctions)
Otherwise it is a good book just needs to be checked more thoroughly.
on 28 June 2013
It is a great book. Full of great Information & very informative. Well worth buying If you are doing the course, or very interested in the Subject.
on 4 July 2013
Good book for renvision very easy to use, good results using it,good price and clear print,quickly shipped, well I illustrated too
on 10 April 2013
Good for teaching the basics of this unit, but far from enough for sources and historiography (both the focus of unit, in theory).
on 31 May 2015
used version helped me more than a new one as it still has the annotations inside the book which helped me with my college work.
on 4 August 2013
Does what it says on the cover. A nice basic primer to get you up the hill to Learningville. Awesome...
on 15 May 2014
If you happen to be taking this course for A level then this book may help you with your A grade