Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 February 2007
This book is excellent as it poses potential questions for the exams and there are explanations on the opposite pages to the play's text so you are never lost. Looking at the actual play, it follows the descent of King Lear into madness.This is caused by the evil scheming of his two daughters Goneril and Regan, who are the antithesis to the goodly Cordelia. The play has themes such as appearance and reality, with some very memorable qoutes.
on 22 January 2010
I recommend this book to anyone wishing to gain an insight and understanding into King Lear. The book is aimed at those taking ALevel English and is an extremely good book. It has lots of great notes inside which cover anything you may be confused about and provides you with lots of good questions to think about and to practice. It's incredibly easy to use and read and I felt I had learnt a great amount about the ins and outs of the play. I came away very confident to take the exam and did very well :) Definitely a good resource for any AS/A2 student.

I've kept mine, so even if you are not studying, it's extremely enjoyable! One of my favourite plays :)
on 3 January 2013
The notes in the book are on the opposite page - this avoids annoying flicking backwards and forwards. The notes are of just the right length and detail. Other people in my class bought the Arden which was way too many notes than you would ever need. This is just right!
If you are doing English Lit then the exam tips would be great for you, I am doing combined and they don't fit in, but I didn't buy this edition solely for the tips so I'm not fussed.
Overall a great buy and it came quickly and in fab condition!
on 15 January 2011
I wish I had had known about this edition for Measure for Measure and Hamlet, which I did at 'A' level! It is full of excellent notes and thoughtful pointers for the advanced student. Even my own thoughts about Edmund - that he somehow arouses sympathy - are reflected in it. I read it for pleasure,but I am sure that it will be invaluable for any A level English Literature student.
Good luck to all!
on 11 July 2014
Fantastic copy of King Lear I am currently using for A Level study.
When I first received this copy I felt rather threatened by its large size, however this is only because it contains glossaries, criticisms and alternative readings.
However this may be rather annoying to someone who is only buying this copy in order to read the play, as they are always on the opposite page.
on 21 March 2013
Very cheap and efficient delivery which is useful for English students alike, the book is nicely set out with extra notes and guidelines on every page, thus making it easy to understand and comprehend!
on 15 November 2015
absolutely amazing book for A level, helpful notes by the side, good pages to annotate on and enough space to annotate around! Really good quality the corners hardly crease, definitely recommend!
on 1 April 2014
My copy was actually new as it was fresh of annotations. I use the product all the time for my English A Level and have found the questions on summaries of acts very helpful. Great product!
on 13 December 2013
I purchased this book as part of my daughters a level study work great book to help with this subject. Better condition than I thought and very prompt delivery a recommended seller.
on 3 April 2014
fabulous book. AMAZINGLY written (of course). Well laid out for school work. Good comments made about work to do with it. Helpful dictionaries per page so words are all known.